Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$235 for cabin filter replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently replaced mine and installed the thumb screw to not have to worry about the screwdriver next time. It was easier than I thought after having put it off for so long (first time replacement at 100,000 miles). Of course I did a thorough cleaning of the coils while I was at it. I’ll tell you this: I was surprised at how clean the filters were for the length of time I postponed the job.

I recently replaced mine and installed the thumb screw to not have to worry about the screwdriver next time. It was easier than I thought after having put it off for so long (first time replacement at 100,000 miles). Of course I did a thorough cleaning of the coils while I was at it. I’ll tell you this: I was surprised at how clean the filters were for the length of time I postponed the job.
Just the opposite Here. I was amazed at how dirty mine were after only two years and 15K miles. Lots of vegetation, pollen etc. I even have one of those intake screens that I use in the spring to catch the big chunks. I'm switching to an annual change. Mobile service will do it for $58 all in.

Of course, YMMV.

Reactions: ODWms
My issue with a charge of $235 for cabin filter replacement has been resolved. It took a trip to the Tesla Service Center in person to correct.
Charge now shows $65. How and why originally it was showing $235 is still a mystery!
Glad you got it resolved. For reference, I had mine replaced in Sept of 2022 at the Tesla Service Center in Carlsbad/Vista, CA.
Cleaner $16.50
Filters 2 x $17
Labor $94.50
Total $145 + tax

I paid $56.00 total for a filter replacement at Tesla. I had it done when I got the HW3 computer put in.

Attachments

• IMG_6420.jpeg
    IMG_6420.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: OldPro
I ran mine for 2 years here in St Louis (HOT and HUMID summers) only when they started smelling bad did I request a Tech to change them. He came, cleaned/changed them, and when I received the bill/receipt it showed I owned NOTHING.

ZeeUlTs.jpg

I have always wondered why they did that and I can only assume it was because I had a Trade-In pending arrival of our 2022 MYP the following month. And the month before they "comped" a Tire Rotation.

But being 70+ and a disabled vet unable to tackle that kind of work I'll gladly pay $65 every two years and while he was here I asked a few questions about some things that the Tech looked at and put me at ease. So for me, $65 is worth every penny. But FREE is better.

It would be nice if WE had a stickie where folks could post their Service Visit Info so folks could see what others are paying and get answers on their own.