Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys expect June Orders to be fulfilled in September ? I am not sure anymore since even April and May orders are pending.
Order Date - 6/23
Current EDD - 9/10 to 9/30 ( pushed back 2 days today ).

You will be close to the line..

Hope for Tesla to do an end of quarter push like they just did. If they don't it's doubtful, but if they do, like in q2, a lot of local California people got cars because they could get it to them before midnight "delivered". Oh and Gigi-Texas, if that gets running, they may catch up. Lots of wheels in motion 🙄 .

I'm in the limbo of just missed it. But others at the same Dubin DC and close to the same order date got cars. Now Tesla Fremont is on vacation.. 🤷‍♂️

• Order Date: 04/2019 for LR RWD.
  • Missed $48,990 price.
  • Changed to LR AWD: 03/2021
  • Tesla placed my order on hold until 09/2021: 04/2021
  • Waiting for New Headlights
  • CA EV Rebate funds are exhausted ($2,000)
  • Tesla Updates my order date: 05/03/2021
  • Radar is removed from Model Y.
  • Passenger Lumbar is removed from Model Y.
  • Tesla Updates my hold date to 10/2021: 07/2021
  • Removed Hold on Order: 7/8/2021
  • Current EDD: 07/12-07/22
  • Delivery: ???
  • After I get my car -> All new Model Y have the new headlights I had been waiting for.
Hmm, wish I could give my EDD to some of you guys here because I would actually prefer to wait until the end of the Quarter as I am still working from home and still want to wait to see if the new headlights ever come to the LR.
What’s your build and where are you located? PM’d you.

You will be close to the line..

Hope for Tesla to do an end of quarter push like they just did. If they don't it's doubtful, but if they do, like in q2, a lot of local California people got cars because they could get it to them before midnight "delivered". Oh and Gigi-Texas, if that gets running, they may catch up. Lots of wheels in motion 🙄 .

I'm in the limbo of just missed it. But others at the same Dubin DC and close to the same order date got cars. Now Tesla Fremont is on vacation.. 🤷‍♂️
Are they really on vacation? The whole factory?

I’m not totally convinced Tesla uses your order date to decide when you get your vehicle. I ordered my model Y back in June 2020 however I put in hold until 6/29/21. Once my account update it it showed me a delivery date of 7/5-7/24 (held steady for 5 days) then now it says 9/13-9/30. I ordered a white model y, 20” wheels, black interior, 5 seats, fsd, no tow.

Sounds about right.. Some April orders are not filled and it's July, and the backlog grows, not shrink.

But I bet a lot of those July orders are looking at a September EDD.. lol.. They will get promises of a End Of 3rd Quarter push, then crickets. 🦗

They do have hope though.. Can GigiTexas get going and take the Performance with the new batteries and headlights off of Fremont?

Might speed up LR deliveries ..
Unfortunately I think your right. They keep saying gigi Austin is supposed to open at the of the year. We will see.

Today's update, another day slip to the right from 9/15 to 9/16.
Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 6.12.33 AM.png

Here’s my wild EDD ride - and I’ve literally only been waiting 3 weeks. Is it naive to be hopeful that the end is near???

MYP White with White / no FSD/ no tow:
Ordered / profile complete on 6/20/21
EDD posted 6/21: July 4- July 24
EDD updated 6/24: July 2 - July 22
EDD updated 6/25: June 27-June 30
EDD updated 6/26: June 28-June 30
EDD updated 6/27: 1-10 weeks
EDD updated 6/28: June 30-July 12
EDD updated 6/29: July 11-July 31
EDD updated 6/30: 6-10 weeks
EDD updated 7/1: July 4- July 24
EDD updated 7/3: July 5- July 24
EDD updated 7/4: July 6- July 24
EDD updated 7/5: July 11- July 24
EDD updated 7/7: July 11- July 31
EDD updated 7/10: July 24- August 14
EDD updated 7/11: July 13- July 31

My EED is back - July 12 - 23. Is Tesla really assigning VINs to bay area orders in July? I thought I would get pushed back to September when I missed the June delivery.
My edd has been steadily closing in on July 24th as well and I had the same assumption as you. Mine started at July 3-24 and has moved up one day to where I am now at July 13-24. No vin yet though.