Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA - how to fill reg1000 form to convert white HOV stickers to new ones

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my original white HOV stickers around end of 2017 and never received a pre-filled application from DMV to get replacement stickers. I read the following DMV article but am having a hard time figuring out how to fill the form correctly to get my white decals upgraded to the new purple stickers.
Clean Air Vehicle Decals - High Occupancy Vehicle Lane Usage

Can someone please help with instructions on how to fill form reg1000 properly?
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/c...04-12f472ef97b4/reg1000.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=

Also, is it true that if I mail in my application on Jan 1, 2019, I will get the new purple stickers that are valid until Jan 1, 2023 rather than the red ones that are valid until Jan 1, 2022?

The following website makes me think that the replacement decals will be valid until Jan 1, 2022 rather than 2023 for vehicles that were issued a decal in 2017 or 2018 originally.

Carpool Stickers | California Air Resources Board

Carpool_Stickers___California_Air_Resources_Board.png

Thanks for the comments. Wondering if someone can post a picture of the profilled form that they received from DMV. I never received one even though I’m eligible.
I never got one either. Id send it in no matter what. They wont cash your check until its processed. I had mine returned twice to me because I checked the wrong box and forgot to fill in one box.

Reactions: ishareit