Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Used M3 - Shows "Paid Charging Unavailable - Check Unpaid Balance"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am thinking about purchasing a used '22 LR M3 and it is showing this message on the screen "Paid charging unavailable - Check unpaid balance"

Is there any way to clear the account or check what the balance is ahead of time? I don't expect there to be a large amount of charges to be paid, but want to verify or see if the account will be cleared when it's transferred?

Also, if I were to pick up the car in another state and attempt to drive it back, will I be able to link it to my account and be able to use superchargers the same day? It is from a dealer, so it's possible I could get a head start, but I wouldn't be able to be with the car if that's necessary ahead of time.

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks!

The dealership probably supercharged it when it was not associated with an account. It allows one supercharging session with no account.

It can take a few days to transfer ownership to your Tesla account so until that happens you will not be able to supercharge it any more. And when you add it to your account it will probably charge you for the supercharging session the dealer did.

The dealership probably supercharged it when it was not associated with an account. It allows one supercharging session with no account.

It can take a few days to transfer ownership to your Tesla account so until that happens you will not be able to supercharge it any more. And when you add it to your account it will probably charge you for the supercharging session the dealer did.
Ok that makes sense. I've seen that some people have had luck in calling Tesla to see if they can expedite the transfer or allow charging, anyone have any experience with that?