Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying CPO - hard time comparing models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at the CPO Model S' that are available and having a hard time comparing apples to apples...

For example, I found at 2015 that does not have a tech package, but the website doesn't say what tech is on there... Here's the options:

1. All-Wheel Drive
  2. Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
  3. All Glass Panoramic Roof
  4. 21" Silver Turbine Wheels
  5. Black Next Generation Seats
  6. Matte Obeche Wood Décor
  7. Black Alcantara Headliner
  8. Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features
  9. Premium Interior and Lighting
  10. Smart Air Suspension
Can I conclude that the tech package of 2014 is part of the "convenience features?"

I am looking at the CPO Model S' that are available and having a hard time comparing apples to apples...

For example, I found at 2015 that does not have a tech package, but the website doesn't say what tech is on there... Here's the options:

1. All-Wheel Drive
  2. Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
  3. All Glass Panoramic Roof
  4. 21" Silver Turbine Wheels
  5. Black Next Generation Seats
  6. Matte Obeche Wood Décor
  7. Black Alcantara Headliner
  8. Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features
  9. Premium Interior and Lighting
  10. Smart Air Suspension
Can I conclude that the tech package of 2014 is part of the "convenience features?"

Yes, I believe that only the first year or so actually only offered a NAV/Tech package. Especially seeing the notes about the car having AP1, you're g2g here per your original question.

• Informative
Reactions: RichardD
I think the only thing that has moved around is the powered liftgate. At some point it was added to the premium upgrades package, but I am not sure when.

Making things more complicated, Ultra-Hifi and the Sub-zero package have moved into Premium as of the July update and a bunch of Premium features (or other packages) have become standard (e.g. turning heading lights, smart air suspension).

It's not perfect, but I've been using the Options by Year sheet to try and correlate features for specific cars:

Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

Ultimately, though, you have to talk to your CPO advisor to know for sure.

Awesome thanks. That gives me something to go off of.

I just want to make sure that when I talk with my CPO advisor, I am discussing a car that I have interest in. I know things change rather quickly and unexpectedly with the updates thus I was finding it difficult looking at inventory to compare vehicles.

Seats for example - I know there were changes to some of them. I was in a 100D today produced in May 2017 and those seats were great, however I know that the 2015s have different seats than today's models....

Awesome thanks. That gives me something to go off of.

I just want to make sure that when I talk with my CPO advisor, I am discussing a car that I have interest in. I know things change rather quickly and unexpectedly with the updates thus I was finding it difficult looking at inventory to compare vehicles.

Seats for example - I know there were changes to some of them. I was in a 100D today produced in May 2017 and those seats were great, however I know that the 2015s have different seats than today's models....
I'm in the exact same situation on seats. I've been going back and forth with my CPO advisor. He's trying to set up a time for me to see some of the older seats. He also suggested maybe just swinging by one of the superchargers and seeing if someone will let you check out their car.

Also, if ordering new, let's say I don't select the enhance autopilot and self-driving capability upon ordering, does this mean that I can just add those at a later time and it's just software? Would the car come standard with the hardware necessary and the costs later are just software upgrades?