Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a used 2017 Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you mean December 2016?

I purchased a 2016 Model S 75 with 17K miles in November 2018 directly from Tesla in South Florida. It was manufactured on 9/16, it has the facelift, free supercharging, AP1 and pano roof. It was first listed on the Tesla website on 10-22-18 for $63,100. I bought it 11-09-18 for a bit under $51,000. I have the 4 year, 50K warranty and I have already put it to use. The front seat was making a lot of noise and it was fixed at no cost. Also, one the remotes stop working and it also replaced for free. Black with Tan interior and black Alcantara headliner.

View attachment 398592

Regards,
Alex

niiiiiice that was a good save and yeah i meant 2016 my apologies.

So I've noticed at like near 90% charge I get 180 miles how can I tell how many miles I would get at 100% charge without actually doing that to the batteries? I plan on upgrading to the 75 kWh battery but I don't necessarily can justify the $2K investment. How many miles does it increase its range by?

So I've noticed at like near 90% charge I get 180 miles how can I tell how many miles I would get at 100% charge without actually doing that to the batteries? I plan on upgrading to the 75 kWh battery but I don't necessarily can justify the $2K investment. How many miles does it increase its range by?
My 90% for my July 2017 75D is 224 miles of range. Doing some quick math based on my 75D, you are looking good! I would recommend that you make a monthly saving plan to give you the ability to unlock the battery. For now, you'll be fine and you will learn how to plan for trips just like all of us have. It's very fun :). Also, when you do unlock the battery, do make sure they "Uncork" you. I'm not 100% sure if you'll actually need this, but using TeslaFi and the research everyone on here has done can show you if you are "corked" or not. "Uncorking" will give you the maximum performance out of your battery and perform close to mine.

Enjoy the Tesla! I know you'll love it :)

Reactions: ridgeunknown
My 90% for my July 2017 75D is 224 miles of range. Doing some quick math based on my 75D, you are looking good! I would recommend that you make a monthly saving plan to give you the ability to unlock the battery. For now, you'll be fine and you will learn how to plan for trips just like all of us have. It's very fun :). Also, when you do unlock the battery, do make sure they "Uncork" you. I'm not 100% sure if you'll actually need this, but using TeslaFi and the research everyone on here has done can show you if you are "corked" or not. "Uncorking" will give you the maximum performance out of your battery and perform close to mine.

Enjoy the Tesla! I know you'll love it :)
We're close. My late 2016 75D shows 228 at 90%. Last time I charged to 100% for a trip two weeks ago it showed 254 miles. Only lost 5 miles since new.

Reactions: Jaciee