Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubbled interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a used Model Y with only 1,000 miles with bubbling on the seats and it scared the dickens out of me that I would accidentally do the same to my car. What causes this? Do I need to worry about wearing lotion on my hands bubbling the wheel or if I clean my dash and seats with endust/pledge sometimes will that mess it up?

Im assuming its some form of lotion etc that some people wear. I have had my model 3 for 4 years and my wifes model Y since March of this year with no issues, but I have seen a few threads where people have had that.

It has to be some reaction to something they are doing though.

Reactions: Pianewman
I saw a used Model Y with only 1,000 miles with bubbling on the seats and it scared the dickens out of me that I would accidentally do the same to my car. What causes this? Do I need to worry about wearing lotion on my hands bubbling the wheel or if I clean my dash and seats with endust/pledge sometimes will that mess it up?
Neutrogena sunscreen is gentle on the skin, but will destroy a Tesla interior. Tesla uses some kind of artificial leather that deteriorates with some sunscreen and cosmetics in warm weather.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT