Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Shudder / Uneven Rotor Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an issue where my front left rotor keeps on wearing unevenly. I had replaced the front rotors and pads when I had noticed the shutter and just had it come back after <10k miles and identified it as the front left rotor shuttering. Not sure if there is an issue with uneven wear, warping, etc. but I am not driving crazy so don't imagine they are warped.
Does anyone know what this could be caused by?
I have tried brandishing them as well but did not see improvement. I feel the car trying to stop and seemingly hitting a high spot on the rotor as if it is not sitting on flat to the hub

Could be a seized piston or pistons in that caliper. My truck had a partially seized caliper in the rear, and I wore out a set of rear brake pads in 13k miles. Does your car stop in a straight line if you hit the brakes without holding the wheel?

My 2015 was originally from the rust belt before I bought it and the pads were seized in both calipers. The calipers themselves were fine, but rust had accumulated at the surface where the pads seat in the caliper. I'd ensure the pads' ears have grease, and lube the retaining pins for good measure. Took me a couple hours for a simple brake job as there was either no grease from the factory, or lots of corrosion from the North.

Reactions: leecox and Sam1
Could be a seized piston or pistons in that caliper. My truck had a partially seized caliper in the rear, and I wore out a set of rear brake pads in 13k miles. Does your car stop in a straight line if you hit the brakes without holding the wheel?

My 2015 was originally from the rust belt before I bought it and the pads were seized in both calipers. The calipers themselves were fine, but rust had accumulated at the surface where the pads seat in the caliper. I'd ensure the pads' ears have grease, and lube the retaining pins for good measure. Took me a couple hours for a simple brake job as there was either no grease from the factory, or lots of corrosion from the North.
Yeah I am running a 2015 MS as well.
Let me get it lifted and go through and check the pistons. Will also try and clean out where the pads sit
Thanks!