Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston area brake repair/replacement question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just quoted $1,250 from Tesla to replace the rear pads and rotors on my 2016 MS 75D. I'd like to see if there are any local shops (Boston area) that will work on Teslas. I made a bunch of calls and so far all the shops I have called have told me they will not work on Teslas. Does anyone have a recommended brake shop in the Boston area that will work on Teslas?

I was just quoted $1,250 from Tesla to replace the rear pads and rotors on my 2016 MS 75D. I'd like to see if there are any local shops (Boston area) that will work on Teslas. I made a bunch of calls and so far all the shops I have called have told me they will not work on Teslas. Does anyone have a recommended brake shop in the Boston area that will work on Teslas?
Today’s Collision Repair Center in Malden did my wheel alignment after I replaced my tires. Great people who specialize in Teslas. They may not do brakes but they could probably refer you to someone. Please post back and let us know where you eventually have the brakes done.

Reactions: dsc888
Electrified Garage looks great, but they are too far away from me to make the travel worthwhile. I did call Bobby at Today's Collision in Malden and they will do the work. He quoted me about $400 less than Tesla. I think the parts are the same, but his labor is currently $125/hr vs Telsa's $195. I have used them in the past for body repairs on my M3 and S7 and I know they do great work, so I am very comfortable using them.

Interestingly, Tesla told me that the issue with my brakes was not a safety issue, just noise from rust/lack of driving. I was told they "burnished" something and the noise is now gone. Not sure what I am going to do, but great to know that Today's Collision is a viable option.

Electrified Garage looks great, but they are too far away from me to make the travel worthwhile. I did call Bobby at Today's Collision in Malden and they will do the work. He quoted me about $400 less than Tesla. I think the parts are the same, but his labor is currently $125/hr vs Telsa's $195. I have used them in the past for body repairs on my M3 and S7 and I know they do great work, so I am very comfortable using them.

Interestingly, Tesla told me that the issue with my brakes was not a safety issue, just noise from rust/lack of driving. I was told they "burnished" something and the noise is now gone. Not sure what I am going to do, but great to know that Today's Collision is a viable option.

Burnishing brakes is basically just a process of heating them up quickly to burn off any crud on them. Go up to 70 mph, hammer the brakes down to 30 mph w/o activating ABS, repeat 6 times. Very common process, fixes a lot of brake noise problems, and you need to do it when you get new brakes as well.