Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have another "secret" project - well like Audi (not the E-Tron) and Mercedes (not the A-Class) too. We should hear from Mercedes' project first. Should be around Summer/Autumn. Looks like they don't want to do it right this time. They (BMW and the other EU carmakers) got really surprised by the Prius the last time ;)

I think I spotted the i8 in the Mission Impossible 4 trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0LQnQSrC-g

You can see it at about the 1 minute mark.

Edited to add:
Mission: Impossible 4 Trailer Features BMW i8 Plug-in Hybrid | ecorazzi.com :: the latest in green gossip
bmwi8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure those websites have anything to do with BMW.
They look like indepedant no-showroom car suppliers.

Newcar innovations is offering pre-order possibilities of the new Vision Efficient Dynamics BMW models. Together with selected BWM partners we deliver these cars to custoemrs all around the world as soon as they are available.
How about the prices? Is this the cheapest way to otder the BMW i8?

Yes, we don't have an expensive showroom (it would be empty...) and no cars on stock, so our costs are very low. This costs advantage is 100% rewarded to our customers. So this is really one of the cheapest ways to otder the BMW i8.

BMW should shut them down.

i-3 (and i-8) concepts revealed. Disappointing 20 mile EV range on i-8, but i-3 sounds revolutionary.

BMW i3 Concept: Battery Electric Urban Minicar—Full Details

For one, it’s entirely powered by electricity. The flat lithium-ion battery pack is built into the car’s floor, and it powers a 125-kilowatt (170-horsepower) electric motor located between the rear wheels.

For another, it has a pair of “coach doors” on either side, which open to expose the entire interior, without a B-pillar between the doors that might impede entry. The upright shape has strong wedge lines, with a rising window line and the “stream flow” styling theme of the I range, which uses different colors for the mechanical components and the passenger module.

And when was the last time BMW fitted a car with bench seats, both front and rear? The i3 has them, allowing drivers in tight urban areas to park right next to a wall, then slide across the car to get out the other side—unimpeded by the tunnel in the floor, since there isn’t one.

The roof is transparent, and the tailgate (which houses the U-shaped LED rear lights) slides away rather than flipping up.

BMW promises performance that matches the brand’s image, with 0 to 62 mph acceleration of 7.9 seconds—not bad for an urban runabout—and a top speed governed at 93 mph. Because electric motors generate peak torque at 0 rpm, the i3’s responsiveness away from stop should be particularly good. Weight is given as 2750 pounds, about the same as a subcompact hatchback with a gasoline engine.

bmw_100357771_m.jpg

Attachments

• bmw_100357771_m.jpg
    bmw_100357771_m.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 481