Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Pairing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone manage to pair 2 different phones to the same Model 3 ? My partner phone is properly paired, and unlock the doors when getting close to the car, but my phone is marked as paired (connected) when I get in the car, it does send music through bluetooth, but the car simply will not unlock for me, and I still have to use my card to open the card.

Anyone has any suggestions ?

Bluetooth pairing has nothing to do with key pairing. You do know that, right? BT is for music and key is for key.

We have two iPhones set up for key pairing and one for BT and both work fine in all three.

You might want to delete the key pairing for the phone in question and redo it to see if that helps. If not, it’s a phone issue.

Did anyone manage to pair 2 different phones to the same Model 3 ? My partner phone is properly paired, and unlock the doors when getting close to the car, but my phone is marked as paired (connected) when I get in the car, it does send music through bluetooth, but the car simply will not unlock for me, and I still have to use my card to open the card.

Does your phone have the Tesla app installed and logged in? Refer to Page 7 of the owner's manual on how to authenticate the phone to use as a key card. As @boaterva mentioned, Bluetooth pairing alone does not authenticate the phone.

I have this issue with my galaxy note 8. I've taken my Mid range M3 in multiple times and even got a new phone. Tesla has no idea why it isn't working majority of the time and there is no fix. I was told to get another new phone. Very frustrating