Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Block automatic opening recharge door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if you put the car on car wash mode if this will solve you problem. I hand wash my car and if i accidently press on the charge port, it opens and i close it from the ph app so that the car knows the charge port has been closed and stays closed.

I always put the car in carwash mode before washing the car and the charge port door remains closed when touched until I deactivate the carwash mode or I open in from the App or touchscreen. That mode also raises the windows to their full extent so no water ingress and put the air conditioning in Recirculate to prevent water from getting in through the vents.

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Has anyone ever entered a car wash in car wash mode and had the charge port open while in car wash or exiting car wash mode? My wife said it has happened to her a few times. She noticed it after she pulled out of car wash.

Last edited:
My car always locks itself when I'm washing it (I hand wash). I don't think the port will open by pressing on it if the car is locked. Never used car wash mode once and I've never had the port open when washing or waxing the car.