Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue Motion Detection settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my Blackvue hardwired into my Model S so it has constant power which is very nice.
Surprisingly, it doesn't drain too much power but wanted to see what other people's Motion Detection setting sensitivity (in Parking Mode) is at. My camera captures too many videos of people walking by or cars that are far away while parked, but don't want to dial it down too much so it doesn't capture any motion. Feel free to share your settings if things have been working well...

I have my Blackvue hardwired into my Model S so it has constant power which is very nice.
Surprisingly, it doesn't drain too much power but wanted to see what other people's Motion Detection setting sensitivity (in Parking Mode) is at. My camera captures too many videos of people walking by or cars that are far away while parked, but don't want to dial it down too much so it doesn't capture any motion. Feel free to share your settings if things have been working well...
Don't worry about turning it down too low!
the parking mode motion sensing on the 650GW-2CH is way to sensitive. I have the motion setting set to 1 and it still catches the slightest motion in the visual field of view - cars or people in the parking lot, trees in the wind, rain drops on the windshield at night etc. No danger of missing any actual important event IMO. I have a 128GB memory card, so no big deal if it records more than expected in parking mode, though I do wish it weren't so overly sensitive, as it does make searching through so many extra clips when you're looking for something a bit of a bother. At night I'm parked in a dark garage so at least it's not recording uncessarily through the night. Meanwhile I have the parking mode G-settings up I think at 90