Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car today. OD 1-14. So it took a month...not bad...only 3 minor issues I scheduled service for already. Coming from a Lexus SUV. The ride quality isn't as nice and interior is lacking imo. My wife already had a m3 so we made a cyber garage 🤣.
PXL_20230216_012048693.jpg

PXL_20230216_015945511.jpg

Just picked up my car, fit and finish were on point! Very pleased to see that for the most part, Tesla appears to be putting more emphasis on quality control in many instances but perhaps not all. Either way, a major improvement over my December 2020 MYP!

I'm also pleased to report that the updated suspension on this car is NOTICEABLY better than my previous 2020 MYP and 2022 M3P. I'm extremely happy with the ride quality! Here are a few pics that I was able to snap when I arrived home.

View attachment 907522View attachment 907523
Damn such a beautiful car. I wish I got the MYP, those Rims, headlights, and white interior are beautiful. I might get the white seats covers. Glad you received a solution build, she's a beauty.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Picked up my car today. OD 1-14. So it took a month...not bad...only 3 minor issues I scheduled service for already. Coming from a Lexus SUV. The ride quality isn't as nice and interior is lacking imo. My wife already had a m3 so we made a cyber garage 🤣.
View attachment 907707
View attachment 907706
Got plans to buy my wife and Model X next year, hope my garage looks similar soon!

Reactions: pandamylr
i just had my wall charger installed yesterday myself.
I got quoted $3,800+ for wall charger install :oops:. I'm just going to trickle charge, and if I I'm really low I'll get a 25ft extension cable to my washer upstairs. I'll only be here for maybe another 3-5 years so 4k aint worth it in a temporary home. Worse case scenario there is a SC 20 mins from my house

I got quoted $3,800+ for wall charger install :oops:. I'm just going to trickle charge, and if I I'm really low I'll get a 25ft extension cable to my washer upstairs. I'll only be here for maybe another 3-5 years so 4k aint worth it in a temporary home. Worse case scenario there is a SC 20 mins from my house

wow! that's high!

i thought average price for these installs are around the $1k price range.

luckily my breaker box is already in the garage, so it wasn't too difficult to install there. they charged me $550

tesla_charger.jpg

wow! that's high!

i thought average price for these installs are around the $1k price range.

luckily my breaker box is already in the garage, so it wasn't too difficult to install there. they charged me $550

View attachment 907859
My electrician charges $500 to install one. Mostly because the county requires a $100 permit for the install and verification. So $200 in BS fees 🙃

Do you feel like you need a holder for the cord? Or do the way you have it now suffice? I've heard conflicting thoughts.

My electrician charges $500 to install one. Mostly because the county requires a $100 permit for the install and verification. So $200 in BS fees 🙃

Do you feel like you need a holder for the cord? Or do the way you have it now suffice? I've heard conflicting thoughts.

i think the way it is will do.

i back in the garage to park so i had i had it installed on the wall closest to the tail light and i wont be unraveling much of the cord for charging.

mind you...i don't have the car yet, so this might change hahaha

Reactions: dethspade
i think the way it is will do.

i back in the garage to park so i had i had it installed on the wall closest to the tail light and i wont be unraveling much of the cord for charging.

mind you...i don't have the car yet, so this might change hahaha
Ill be basically in the same place as you, as its going to be installed right behind the tail light ,behind the car.

Some folks were complaining that the cord (when cold) got to be annoying to deal with. Perhaps longer coiling(when storing) would fix the issue?

Reactions: fredzos
Ill be basically in the same place as you, as its going to be installed right behind the tail light ,behind the car.

Some folks were complaining that the cord (when cold) got to be annoying to deal with. Perhaps longer coiling(when storing) would fix the issue?

hmm...luckily in texas, it gets below 50 degrees maybe for about 2 weeks a year..

other than that, it's mostly just hot and humid.

Reactions: dethspade
I did the install myself for my charger. Just had an electrician friend of mine connect the wire to the panel. Need to get the inspection and permit to qualify to get a reimbursement from the power company. So I'm out $400 for all the cable and accessories I had to buy, and $600 for the charger. I'll get about $650 back in subsidies, but have to pay for the permit. So it still costs a bunch, even to do it yourself.

Ordered on 1/15
EDD - was feb
EDD- started changing starting Feb2 (day by day slip
EDD - Feb 8th - Feb 18th (As of this morning)
Never got any VIN assigned
EDD (Now) - March - May!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Am I pissed? I sure am.....

What just happened? contacted their customer service and got nothing but "wait until you receive a text from us"
More than 2 days now and EDD timeline has not changed “March-May 2023”.
What a bummer:( I see everyone around me picking up their vehicles except I don’t even have a VIN even though I ordered it on 1/15..