Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best wireless carplay adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I've own a 2019 Model X Raven. I'd like to get a wireless carplay adapter.

I see there are a lot of type:
- Carlinkit - tespush - CarlinKit Wireless CarPlay Android auto Mini Box Adapter For Tesla Model 3/X/Y/S CarPlay Wireless Activator Navigation Spotify Siri iOS16 New

- teslasy (not sure that it will work with my car) - Wireless CarPlay Android Auto AI Box Adapter Fit For Tesla Model 3/Y/S/X OTA Upgrade

- Ownice T3

- ZHNN - https://www.amazon.com/ZHNN-Wireless-Mirrorlink-Bluetooth-Connection/dp/B0C7PYCF3H/ref=sr_1_14?- crid=2CUB9RERA52D5&keywords=tesla+carplay&qid=1689328219&sprefix=tesla+carpla%2Caps%2C215&sr=8-14

I have own another type for my Honda, and that was quite *sugar*, many times it can't connect even after 30 minutes.... What do u suggest, what is the best? Is it easy to use, it allows to zoom in-out with pinch, using my two fingers, or just pressing the +- icon?

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
If you are pretty savvy with all this you should look at Home - Tesla Android Project
Mike is the original creator and carlinkit pretty much just basically stole the entire idea.
I thought about going that route, but the Carlinkit’s hardware is very small and compact, and more importantly, comes as a small unit rather than needing a Raspberry Pi, modem, etc. plus the need to assemble the hardware and flash software and find an elegant case to house it all. If Mike were to offer a complete hardware solution with the software pre-installed, I might have gone that way. Yes, Carlinkit “adopted” his hard work, but I’m very happy with the Carlinkit T2C. It’s easy to set up, very responsive on my touch screen, my steering wheel controls all work with CarPlay, and the hardware is very compact and fits perfectly in the center console plugged into USB-C for power.

They seem to be the same when looking at the specs. I purchased mine early last year when only one option was available, so I have a wireless version for the USA that has a SIM card slot. I believe the two current versions may be for three possible reasons:

- US vs. EU version
- Wired (dongle) vs. wireless version
- SIM card + Bluetooth vs. Bluetooth only

I believe your best bet is to contact Carlinkit to obtain more details about the two variations.

Hi guys, I've own a 2019 Model X Raven. I'd like to get a wireless carplay adapter.

I see there are a lot of type:
- Carlinkit - tespush - CarlinKit Wireless CarPlay Android auto Mini Box Adapter For Tesla Model 3/X/Y/S CarPlay Wireless Activator Navigation Spotify Siri iOS16 New

- teslasy (not sure that it will work with my car) - Wireless CarPlay Android Auto AI Box Adapter Fit For Tesla Model 3/Y/S/X OTA Upgrade

- Ownice T3

- ZHNN - https://www.amazon.com/ZHNN-Wireless-Mirrorlink-Bluetooth-Connection/dp/B0C7PYCF3H/ref=sr_1_14?- crid=2CUB9RERA52D5&keywords=tesla+carplay&qid=1689328219&sprefix=tesla+carpla%2Caps%2C215&sr=8-14

I have own another type for my Honda, and that was quite *sugar*, many times it can't connect even after 30 minutes.... What do u suggest, what is the best? Is it easy to use, it allows to zoom in-out with pinch, using my two fingers, or just pressing the +- icon?
I use open source Tesla Android project (google it). Soon premade kits will be on sale if you don’t want to order the components yourself. These are all components in a box like T2C and others and are a bit more compact than doing it yourself, unless you put in extra efforts.

Currently, no CarPlay interfaces allow two finger pinch for zooming in maps apps. I have used Carplay in many cars. Only manually zoom in + / zoom out - functionality.

I thought about going that route, but the Carlinkit’s hardware is very small and compact, and more importantly, comes as a small unit rather than needing a Raspberry Pi, modem, etc. plus the need to assemble the hardware and flash software and find an elegant case to house it all. If Mike were to offer a complete hardware solution with the software pre-installed, I might have gone that way. Yes, Carlinkit “adopted” his hard work, but I’m very happy with the Carlinkit T2C. It’s easy to set up, very responsive on my touch screen, my steering wheel controls all work with CarPlay, and the hardware is very compact and fits perfectly in the center console plugged into USB-C for power.
Steering wheel controls work with CarPlay running via tesla android too. Premade (all hardware in a single enclosure) are coming out sometime this year. The current tesla android fits nicely under the center storage or front center console area where usb-c are located. That being said, 2023 model 3/y have weaker usb-c power output and some people find better stability using usb cigarette adapter via lighter socket under front arm rest.

I thought about going that route, but the Carlinkit’s hardware is very small and compact, and more importantly, comes as a small unit rather than needing a Raspberry Pi, modem, etc. plus the need to assemble the hardware and flash software and find an elegant case to house it all. If Mike were to offer a complete hardware solution with the software pre-installed, I might have gone that way.
“tesla android project” now has premade systems. All peripherals are included or order fewer components and install items you already have to save some $$$. Everything fits in a small enclosure. software Is preinstalled.
fyi @ScottNY

“tesla android project” now has premade systems. All peripherals are included or order fewer components and install items you already have to save some $$$. Everything fits in a small enclosure. software Is preinstalled.
fyi @ScottNY
Thanks for the info! I already own the Carlinkit T2C, and it’s working very well for me. If it ever stops working (malfunction or incompatible firmware), I’ll definitely take a new look at Michal’s pre-built solution.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Thanks for the info! I already own the Carlinkit T2C, and it’s working very well for me. If it ever stops working (malfunction or incompatible firmware), I’ll definitely take a new look at Michal’s pre-built solution.

Is it better/safer to have the additional data SIM installed for the device to have 4G/cellular connectivity? While driving, the car needs to be connected to the Tesla network for safety and other reasons. There is a warning on the Carlinkit T2C site.

Is it better/safer to have the additional data SIM installed for the device to have 4G/cellular connectivity? While driving, the car needs to be connected to the Tesla network for safety and other reasons. There is a warning on the Carlinkit T2C site.
I don’t think it really makes a difference. I had a data plan that used a SIM card, so I just popped that into my T2C device. I have no issues, other than sometimes needing to manually connect to the T2C Bluetooth when I get in the car. I have premium connectivity, and have no issues with using Tesla’s Nav or with vehicle updates, so I’m still connected to Tesla.

Has anyone used this (Carlinkit - tespush) or any other device on their older model S with MCU1? The manual for Carlinkit - tespush states that it works on ALL models w/o year restriction.
I just emailed the vendor and waiting their response. I just wanted a confirmation from other owners if that claim is true.
Thank you.
1698762673396.png

Has anyone used this (Carlinkit - tespush) or any other device on their older model S with MCU1? The manual for Carlinkit - tespush states that it works on ALL models w/o year restriction.
I just emailed the vendor and waiting their response. I just wanted a confirmation from other owners if that claim is true.
Thank you.
View attachment 986707
I wish to know this as well, I have a older MS and would love to know if it work in my MS

I wish to know this as well, I have a older MS and would love to know if it work in my MS
I was watching a youtube video on how this guy was making his MCU1 "faster" by disabling live traffic update, change map orientation north, etc. The carlink kit (I could be wrong) requires your browser to be a bit fast to connect to it. After I did what that guy on youtube was doing, it did make my browser slightly faster but I don't think it's going to be fast (or stable enough) to work that well with the kit.

I suppose I can buy a kit from Amazon and give it a try and send it back if it sucks.

fyi @ScottNY
Thanks for your posts. I have CarlinKit t2C for Tesla and find that it disconnects quite often and sometimes is a pain to connect too. Also - I have not received a firmware update in a while, so not sure how it is being supported. Will the new “Tesla Android Project” premade systems be better and more reliable? Do you have to use a SIM card for those. Really want the easiest, best possible experience and best quality. The premade ones are a lot more expensive than CarlinKit t2C, so guessing there is some positive reason why? Thanks!