Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best tires for long range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hankook iON EVO AS are the most efficient tires you can buy at the moment.

2022 Model 3 Performance on 235/45/18 Hankook iON EVO AS tires.

IMG_4692.jpeg

Hankook iON EVO AS are the most efficient tires you can buy at the moment.

2022 Model 3 Performance on 235/45/18 Hankook iON EVO AS tires.

View attachment 1037833
These Evo’s have a sound absorber and I’ve heard that if you get a flat, it is not fixable due to the sound absorber pad on the inside wall of the tire. At least that’s what Town Fair said… I could be mistaken.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
These Evo’s have a sound absorber and I’ve heard that if you get a flat, it is not fixable due to the sound absorber pad on the inside wall of the tire. At least that’s what Town Fair said… I could be mistaken.
Just spoke with the tire manager at Town Fair... they said that punctures in foamed tires can be fixed, but only once or _maybe_ twice.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Yes, it's the glue that they use on the plug that will cause havoc on the foam if not careful. Many years ago on our 17 MS found out the hard way. Walmart was the only store open on a Sunday. The tech got a little happy with the glue on the plug or maybe he was trying to glue the foam patch back in. Well, over a few months, I would need to re balance on the vehicle due to shaking. Later found out that the foam became a glob inside the tire and had to have the tire replaced. You still can plug with foam for I have done that many times on our OEM tires with our 18 MX road tripping.

Been eyeing these tires for a while. Needing a set on our 18 Model 3. Still comparing, but that's a crazy price. Confirmed with Discount Tire they will work on the 19x8.5" rims. Just a bit wider. I'm sure not range friendly.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Yes, it's the glue that they use on the plug that will cause havoc on the foam if not careful. Many years ago on our 17 MS found out the hard way. Walmart was the only store open on a Sunday. The tech got a little happy with the glue on the plug or maybe he was trying to glue the foam patch back in. Well, over a few months, I would need to re balance on the vehicle due to shaking. Later found out that the foam became a glob inside the tire and had to have the tire replaced. You still can plug with foam for I have done that many times on our OEM tires with our 18 MX road tripping.

Been eyeing these tires for a while. Needing a set on our 18 Model 3. Still comparing, but that's a crazy price. Confirmed with Discount Tire they will work on the 19x8.5" rims. Just a bit wider. I'm sure not range friendly.
Thanks for the insight. So, any other tires for the M3 AWD Lr. that are good for year around , mostly rain in the winter here. I had Nokian's but the wear was ..extreme? Only 27K miles and shot..."normal" driving which means everyday around town trips.

Looking at purchasing new tires for the long range on the stock wheels is Pilot sport 4s still the best tire or something better out there? Thanks
Do you mean to say that you are looking for the best tires for long range and good efficiency, or that you have a Model 3 Long Range and are looking for some other definition of "best" (such as performance and/or comfort, perhaps in combination with range and efficiency)?

I've been running the Hancook Ion3 in 265/30-19 and they are pretty impressive, the tire pressure stays very close cold vs. hot.
I think what this is saying is that the compound is so efficient that the flexing doesn't dissipate much energy so it's not getting very hot, which increases the temperature of the air inside and the pressure.

Reactions: Darmie