Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best roof shades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like a new one hits the market every week. Is there any consensus on which is the best in terms of fit, coverage, and heat reduction? The car is a 2023 M3 (RWD). I live in WI, so it’s only particularly hot for a fairly short period of time in July and August. I also don’t make a habit of picking my nose, so I’m not super interested in ceramic tinting. It’s mostly for when I need to park outside in unshaded areas, which can push the cabin temp well over 100 for probably at least four months out of the year.

I’d be open to spending up to $200 for the roof shade, if it’s really worth it and clearly superior to the MANY that sell for $60 or so.

Actually, it looks like the roof glass blocks heat really well, so maybe a roof shade isn’t as necessary. Has anyone tried window shades like these just for parking? I wonder how much they’d help. I do have a windshield shade. I wonder how much just throwing a blanket on top of the roof would help. I’m not super concerned about heat while driving as it only occasionally gets into the 90s during the summer and very rarely over 100.