Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Behind-the-Scenes from a TMC Member's Appearance on Jay Leno's Garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally was blown away by the $100,000 appraised value as that seems to be a good bit higher than most Roadsters are selling for. That said your car looks awesome and you have taken good care of it. Would you mind sharing the mileage and CAC or the Ideal miles it charges to on a standard charge? You did well as it appears you timed the market well. And what an awesome plug to have your car featured on Jay Leno's garage.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit high as well, but hey you never know. I mean I don't think I have lost much at all in 7 years of ownership - paid $70K. So they definitely have not depreciated as much recently compared to most other cars, so the rarity is helping.

I have 34,000 miles and the CAC is 141.

I purchased our #673 last December with 49,000 miles Twilight Blue with Tan Interior, it was a 1 owner car, PO seemed to have gone down the option list when he purchased the car and checked all the boxes. The CAC is 147, Pete Gruber said it has a healthy battery after I sent him the logs. I think we were able to steal the car for the $47,000.00 we paid. I was pleasantly surprised at Osborn's assessment of the value the car, I believe they will continue to go up in value.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak and ra88it
I purchased our #673 last December with 49,000 miles Twilight Blue with Tan Interior, it was a 1 owner car, PO seemed to have gone down the option list when he purchased the car and checked all the boxes. The CAC is 147, Pete Gruber said it has a healthy battery after I sent him the logs. I think we were able to steal the car for the $47,000.00 we paid. I was pleasantly surprised at Osborn's assessment of the value the car, I believe they will continue to go up in value.

Yes, you grabbed a great deal!

Reactions: ra88it
Seeing as there was only one “factory” fully optioned Electric Blue 2.5 produced, I’m so thrilled that your beautiful car was showcased on there! The carbon accents you added are absolutely stunning, and give us one more fully optioned example of (in my opinion) the best color produced.

That was also always my dream configuration. :D

I also agree Electric Blue is gorgeous. DeedWest what is the name of your blue color (1462) I see it is a little different?? Was this a special color option for the final 5, if so what were the other final 5 color options?

Reactions: DeedWest
TMC Member AltPwr and his Electric Blue 2010 Tesla Roadster (VIN1094) had an exciting opportunity to appear on the CNBC show “Jay Leno’s Garage.” The episode is set to air on CNBC at 7 p.m. PT July 8 (Wednesday) . A teaser for the episode was posted to Facebook.
Ahead of the episode, AltPwr was kind enough to write up some of his experience of what it’s like to roll your ride into Leno’s garage.

Check out the behind-the-scenes story he shared with us below:

READ FULL ARTICLE
Congrats on such a great experience. Apparently your segment got cut from Wednesday nite’s both hours. What was the value, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Congrats on such a great experience. Apparently your segment got cut from Wednesday nite’s both hours. What was the value, please.
It was on the 3rd show that night, in its entirety.

One comment about Donald's and Jay's remark about the silence of the car. It's not totally silent, which they would be able to hear if they had left the top on. There's that soft but sweet high-register whine of a jet engine spooling up as you accelerate. It's so much more satisfying to me than the gravel truck rumble that they seem to prefer.

It was on the 3rd show that night, in its entirety.

One comment about Donald's and Jay's remark about the silence of the car. It's not totally silent, which they would be able to hear if they had left the top on. There's that soft but sweet high-register whine of a jet engine spooling up as you accelerate. It's so much more satisfying to me than the gravel truck rumble that they seem to prefer.
"Gravel truck rumble." Wow. Excellent description.

It's not totally silent, which they would be able to hear if they had left the top on. There's that soft but sweet high-register whine of a jet engine spooling up as you accelerate.

As we here know, it's 10 times easier to get in the car without the top on. I brought the soft top with me, but removed it prior to them getting in and driving. We are used to getting in and out of the car, but it definitely took Jay a bit of effort to get in. He's not quite as flexible these days, and I knew that, so didn't want to make it hard for him. But yeah, agree on the whine, I love it over my other Teslas.

<snip> The 1.5 and 2.0 wheels have their spokes pointing forward, so whoever was on assembly probably just went with that convention.

1.5/2.0 have asymmetrical spokes -- they point forward on one side
IMG_20200713_225312.jpg

and backwards on the other side.
IMG_20200713_225231.jpg

i.e. it's the same wheel that was used on both sides and flipped vs side specific versions to point the same direction on the 2.5 (backwards, in theory)

1.5/2.0 have asymmetrical spokes -- they point forward on one side and backwards on the other side
i.e. it's the same wheel that was used on both sides and flipped vs side specific versions to point the same direction on the 2.5 (backwards, in theory)
Umm, no. Not as originally delivered. When Martin Eberhard first showed me the car in 2006, he commented that since the wheels were all individually machined it did not cost any more for all four to be different.

Umm, no. Not as originally delivered. When Martin Eberhard first showed me the car in 2006, he commented that since the wheels were all individually machined it did not cost any more for all four to be different.
Yes agree with Steve, there are definitely four unique wheels for 1.5 & 2.0s (as well as 2.5s). The photos @drewski linked to could be from a car that only got one direction of spokes on both left and right sides. Every 1.5/2.0 that I've seen with forged wheels has had them all pointing forwards on both sides.

that's not what i have on 667 which i just took pictures of and posted.

same front & rear wheels, flipped.

so maybe they cheaped out with the 2.0's?

Yes agree with Steve, there are definitely four unique wheels for 1.5 & 2.0s (as well as 2.5s). The photos @drewski linked to could be from a car that only got one direction of spokes on both left and right sides. Every 1.5/2.0 that I've seen with forged wheels has had them all pointing forwards on both sides.

that's my car :cool:

first pic is driver's side rear wheel. 2nd is passenger side.

maybe the guy at the factory was hung over. i only remembered because i've seen this posted about previously so went to the garage to verify, so there's other cars with this config (non-side-specific wheels)

Last edited:
that's my car :cool:

first pic is driver's side rear wheel. 2nd is passenger side.

maybe the guy at the factory was hung over. i only remembered because i've seen this posted about previously so went to the garage to verify, so there's other cars with this config (non-side-specific wheels)

Does the inside lip of the wheel, under the car, have a stamping like the 2.5 wheels (I posted a picture above)?

I also agree Electric Blue is gorgeous. DeedWest what is the name of your blue color (1462) I see it is a little different?? Was this a special color option for the final 5, if so what were the other final 5 color options?

1462 is painted in “Ion Blue”. It was a special color for the Final Edition vehicles. The other four were painted in “Atomic Red”. It was technically the last NA Roadster assembled, but remained the middle child for symmetry between the other Atomic Reds.

Reactions: drewski