Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BBQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh yes we can! Santa Maria style BBQ, Far Western Tavern, Orcutt, CA
Meat with catsup (ketchup) on it is not BBQ - it's a redesigned hamburger.

Don't mean to hijack the thread - just trying to make someone living in Dallas feel at least a little good about it. Haha.

For what it's worth, the Wrangler, when I am in the El Cajon (San Diego) area, is about as authentic/western style BBQ you can find west of Texas. For many years.

• Funny
Reactions: Runt8
Ketchup? No, sir. Santa Maria style BBQ has no sauce. It dates back 150+ years.
Santa Maria-style barbecue - Wikipedia
1280px-SantaMaria-StyleBBQ.jpg

A429ED76-9BE8-4AE8-9FAB-7236D9D64E6E.jpeg
mod note: This is a thread for pictures of production Model 3, and a Texas BBQ discussion that has gone on this long without mention of Kreutz, Smitty's, or Blacks in Lockhart or at a minimum Franklin's in Austin is obviously being promulgated by bad actors.

So.. back to those Model 3 pictures.. :)
Rudy’s sause. It’s the best.

Reactions: smartypnz
mod note: This is a thread for pictures of production Model 3, and a Texas BBQ discussion that has gone on this long without mention of Kreutz, Smitty's, or Blacks in Lockhart or at a minimum Franklin's in Austin is obviously being promulgated by bad actors.

Here you go... Franklins the best ever! I don't know how they are doing since they burned down.

HXeGdxd.jpg

Also I dabble in BBQ myself...
LGFODTB.jpg

You forgot City Market in Luling.

And neither Kreutz nor Blacks is good bbq. They just have big signs.

You forgot City Market in Luling.

And neither Kreutz nor Blacks is good bbq. They just have big signs.
Kreutz had good sausage when I used to visit Lockhart (15-20 years ago). Blacks always had solid brisket and the appropriate pit atmosphere.

City Market is good. Southside in Elgin also has good sausage.

Most of this is relatively dated memory, though. I started doing it at home and didn’t go out nearly as much.. and now I’m in California doing the same.