Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to have car charge to 100% the other day, but didnt cahrge all the way... On the tesla app, the green battery level was a 1/10 less to 100%.... I called today, they said it was normal, even though I had set the charge limit to 100% like I do twice a month. Today my car was 91% which was 273miles. Is this normal? FYI our weather here is around 50s to 36s.

I tried to have car charge to 100% the other day, but didnt cahrge all the way... On the tesla app, the green battery level was a 1/10 less to 100%.... I called today, they said it was normal, even though I had set the charge limit to 100% like I do twice a month. Today my car was 91% which was 273miles. Is this normal? FYI our weather here is around 50s to 36s.

1) Agreed with @SilverSp33d3r .

Did you stay with the car to witness that it did not charge to 100%? Or did it infact stopped at 100% then creeps down gradually with vampire drain and that's when you see it?

2) As long as your car says "Charge Complete" then that's the maximum it can take.

The calibration and translation might drift as time passes so what the new 98% with the message "Charge Complete" could mean that the calibration has drifted down to the new less number. New number 98% should be re-calibrated as 100%.

As for is what's the normal 91% in miles? The proper way to compare is 100% to 100%, not 91% to 91% for the miles displayed.

But if "charge complete" message is at 98% then you should expect the miles displayed decreased as well. Those decreased miles should be recalibrated to the 100% mile displayed not 98% mile displayed.

On the receipt, Service Center recommends to faithfully set your charge at 90% to decrease the calibration drifts.