Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Charge Level Will Be Restricted. FML.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a CPO 2014 P85 with 64k miles that I bought 2 years ago and just received this message. The local SC said they don’t have an open appointment for 2 weeks but to continue driving the car. Any idea what I can expect for a loaner? If they’ll provide one? How long to repair my vehicle? They’ve already replaced the drive unit, twice since the first replacement failed within a few weeks of being installed. They’ve also replaced the AC unit and touchscreen...all of which is making me suspect about my car but at least it’s under warranty.

Canock, u asked how much? I was in parts department, he showed me, 22k for new pack in our antiques. (Not including labor) AND only 24 month warranty.. . I asked why not 8 yrs on new pack? He said 24 months on new pack and motor. I just got new motor. Yeah, yeah, I'm stupid, greedy, but paying 22k for new pack, seems the warranty might be longer. No confidence in new technology and workmanship since 2012?

I have a CPO 2014 P85 with 64k miles that I bought 2 years ago and just received this message. The local SC said they don’t have an open appointment for 2 weeks but to continue driving the car. Any idea what I can expect for a loaner? If they’ll provide one? How long to repair my vehicle? They’ve already replaced the drive unit, twice since the first replacement failed within a few weeks of being installed. They’ve also replaced the AC unit and touchscreen...all of which is making me suspect about my car but at least it’s under warranty.

Sorry to see you're having trouble. They may need to replace your main battery, and will likely give you a loaner Tesla (you can request this). The replacement may take at least a week. Good news though, according to Tesla the fault that causes the message has been fixed in the latest improved battery version.

Also, the latest revision drive units should be reliable. Tesla is always improving, so I expect the overall quality and reliability level will only get better.

Welcome to the forum!

Canock, u asked how much? I was in parts department, he showed me, 22k for new pack in our antiques. (Not including labor) AND only 24 month warranty.. . I asked why not 8 yrs on new pack? He said 24 months on new pack and motor.

Their web site says it is longer, but also has a mileage limit:

The Tesla Parts, Body & Paint Repair Limited Warranty begins on the purchase date of the part(s), and coverage extends for a period of 12 months. Specific categories of parts have unique warranty coverage periods:

• Sheet metal: Limited lifetime
  • Drive Unit: 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first
  • Vehicle High Voltage Battery: 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first
  • Wall Connectors: 4 years
  • Touchscreen and microcontroller unit: 4 years

Sorry to see you're having trouble. They may need to replace your main battery, and will likely give you a loaner Tesla (you can request this). The replacement may take at least a week. Good news though, according to Tesla the fault that causes the message has been fixed in the latest improved battery version.

Also, the latest revision drive units should be reliable. Tesla is always improving, so I expect the overall quality and reliability level will only get better.

Welcome to the forum!

I hope so. Both drive units were refurbished models and with their new customer service process, it’s impossible to get a rep on the phone to confirm a loaner. Thanks