Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Base of driver's window sticking out - fixable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, not a great visit. In general, the guy had no idea what he was doing. He put his tools on the seat, dropped the door panel on the ground a dozen times...

He got the door panel off, then said he has never seen one without the adjustment screws, so he was going to take the black panel/regulator mount out. He took the bolts out and pried hard on the panel. I asked if the window had to come out, and he said yeah. Took the window out, pulled so hard with both hands again until he cracked that black panel at the top and it still wouldn't come out. Then had to take 2 bolts by the regulator out and the panel easily came out. There was nothing in there to adjust or do, so he put it back together. Shoved one of the little black circle covers into the car and tried to ignore it, so I asked and he couldn't reach it so they'll just have to order another one. Took 6 tries to align the window. Overall he came after the end of my apt window and took over an hour to take the window regulator out and put it back in. The window was exactly the same after.

He said he's never seen a window stick out so far, so the regulator must be broken and they'll order one. He didn't know if they could even get them currently though.

• Informative
Reactions: Noflash
Well, not a great visit. In general, the guy had no idea what he was doing. He put his tools on the seat, dropped the door panel on the ground a dozen times...

He got the door panel off, then said he has never seen one without the adjustment screws, so he was going to take the black panel/regulator mount out. He took the bolts out and pried hard on the panel. I asked if the window had to come out, and he said yeah. Took the window out, pulled so hard with both hands again until he cracked that black panel at the top and it still wouldn't come out. Then had to take 2 bolts by the regulator out and the panel easily came out. There was nothing in there to adjust or do, so he put it back together. Shoved one of the little black circle covers into the car and tried to ignore it, so I asked and he couldn't reach it so they'll just have to order another one. Took 6 tries to align the window. Overall he came after the end of my apt window and took over an hour to take the window regulator out and put it back in. The window was exactly the same after.

He said he's never seen a window stick out so far, so the regulator must be broken and they'll order one. He didn't know if they could even get them currently though.
OMG - this is so f'ing typical of Tesla service. I'm so sorry to hear! Ugh - so frustrating. I've has Tesla service 4 times and 3 of those times they've messed something else up. My cars are in a decent state right now, so I think I will let the window thing go. It's not worth them screwing something else up. Again, sorry to hear. Hope they get you back to a good state.

Update:

Brought it in for service, and besides them not even starting until the end of the time window given (not a big deal as we got a loaner), it was a much better experience. Nothing appears to be damaged and it looks like they were able to fix the window without messing with the door alignment. It's not perfect, or as good as the passenger side or my frameless Audi, but it's much better and looks reasonable now.

Reactions: Noflash and MP3Mike