Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Badges & Their Meaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's one hoping for badging to be optional once general production gets started.

I like the Model S bit, but 40-60-85 badging I would like to avoid. If I spring for an 85 battery, I don't need everyone at work knowing that I did. Nor do I need the extra theft attraction.

TM, you're listening, right? Please, "no-cost option" would be music to my ears on this one...

Here's one hoping for badging to be optional once general production gets started.

I like the Model S bit, but 40-60-85 badging I would like to avoid. If I spring for an 85 battery, I don't need everyone at work knowing that I did. Nor do I need the extra theft attraction.

TM, you're listening, right? Please, "no-cost option" would be music to my ears on this one...

It's really a 2 minute job to remove them, even if you have to do it yourself.

It's really a 2 minute job to remove them, even if you have to do it yourself.

Yeah I saw your (and others') posts on that elsewhere. Much appreciated. But I guess I'm too much of a nervous nellie to go at my brand new $80-90k car with a hair dryer and floss right away... Also, are we sure that TM simply glues those in place and don't use drill holes or something?

I wouldn't mind the - in my case, looking like 60 - badging. Can't give up on "Phase Current Amplification" or whatever other phrase they might put on the general production cars!

It's a talking point too as we could describe battery capacities and ranges to laypeople.

In terms of revealing the price paid for the car, it's no different from the 528i/535i/540i badging on the BMW 5; those badges are mostly left alone?!

I asked what Phase Current Amplification meant today and got this answer:

Our drive inverter can be described as a gigantic three phase amplifier, so this is basically a lay description of what's happening in the drive inverter. Maybe this will be the "DOHC" or "Fuel Injected" equivalent descriptor of the 21st century :)

I wouldn't mind the - in my case, looking like 60 - badging. Can't give up on "Phase Current Amplification" or whatever other phrase they might put on the general production cars!

It's a talking point too as we could describe battery capacities and ranges to laypeople.

In terms of revealing the price paid for the car, it's no different from the 528i/535i/540i badging on the BMW 5; those badges are mostly left alone?!

I guess my other point is that I don't care much for the style of the badge. The "Model S" part I think looks classy, but the P85 badge looked a little too much like a... "regular car"? To each his own...

Yeah, sometimes I think TMC has some special stature in the Google ranking hierarchy...
Personalized search results. You get different results than your neighbor gets, based on which search results you've clicked on in the past. And if you use Chrome and are signed in, they may also know your browsing history (I don't know if this is the case) and can taylor your search results accordingly.

I asked what Phase Current Amplification meant today and got this answer:

Our drive inverter can be described as a gigantic three phase amplifier, so this is basically a lay description of what's happening in the drive inverter. Maybe this will be the "DOHC" or "Fuel Injected" equivalent descriptor of the 21st century :)
Thanks.

But in this case, it should say "Three Phase Current Amplification" or "3 Phase Current Amplification," not simply "Phase Current Amplification"

So, from the lack of badges on the delivered cars yesterday (well, 2 days ago now), can we assume that they've gotten rid of the P85 badge we saw on jurvetson's, or has anyone saw them on cars? Pics from the event seem to show the Model S badge on the left still, but nada else.