Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

B-pillar upholstery: the horror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tinm

2020 Model S LR+ Owner
May 3, 2015
New Mexico, USA
After 106,000 miles the B-pillar tan-colored upholstery in my 2013 Model S is really worn out, with frayed fabric and dark spots from ten thousand getting-ins and getting-outs.

Probably the best thing to do would be to find a totaled / salvage S with tan interior that I could get replacement pillar coverings from.

Anyone ever done that? Anyone ever talked to Tesla about pricing replacements?

I'd show pics but they're so hideous, etc. :)

After 106,000 miles the B-pillar tan-colored upholstery in my 2013 Model S is really worn out, with frayed fabric and dark spots from ten thousand getting-ins and getting-outs.

Probably the best thing to do would be to find a totaled / salvage S with tan interior that I could get replacement pillar coverings from.

Anyone ever done that? Anyone ever talked to Tesla about pricing replacements?

I'd show pics but they're so hideous, etc. :)

Heyy

not needed. You can buy all these parrts from Tesla and they´re not expensive. Did this twice now. Top headliner facing B-Pillar -the Alcanthara or cloth is around 190$ (btw. the cloth is a standard CLS first gen. item, you can buy it at a good benz specialized upholstery and have it repaired instead of buying the full part)

Bottom half does exist in 5 variants and surfaces, better give them Your VIN.
Once renewed You can coat the corner with plastidip translucent.

Let us know how you progress.

good luck

Reactions: widodh
Just digging this back up to add some helpful info - the upholstery that covers the upper B pillar is Alcantara, the "beige" color is Pearl White (2911)

My local upholstery shop had a hard time matching it, and figured this out after some research.

1700516417698.png

Reactions: Akikiki