Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer unavailable for the rest of this drive.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the manual, if you exceed the maximum speed at which Autosteer operates – 90 mph (150 km/h), it will only cancel. But I got Autosteer unavailable for the rest of this drive. Does that also count as a forced disengagement?

This happened to me 2 days ago. Was on the interstate using NOA and a crazy driver driving way too fast for traffic veered into my lane behind me. I was doing about 80. Had cars to my right so I couldn’t get over. Floored it so I could merge to the right. Then got the autopilot disabled message. I checked afterwards and had no strikes in FSDbeta. Not sure if it would be a ding to the safety score or not.

According to the manual, if you exceed the maximum speed at which Autosteer operates – 90 mph (150 km/h), it will only cancel. But I got Autosteer unavailable for the rest of this drive. Does that also count as a forced disengagement?
Sounds right. Does not count as forced disengagement, but you won't get back autosteer until you stop the car and start again

• Informative
Reactions: T-Mom