Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Electric Frunk for Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed on my Model S Plaid EVOffers Electric Frunk kit. Assisted by my best Tesla friend, SUPURKAR (Bill Polera), who is an installation expert. I think this may have been the first installation on a Model S Plaid, but not sure of that. Had to do some adjustments of the latch mechanism to get it to work properly, and during the installation we were in touch with Raymond Wu, the owner of EVOffer, almost constantly via Whats App. Once we had the latch working properly, it would only open and close once, and there were a few problems with the closing speed. When notified of this, Raymond sent us new firmware, which was very easy to install. That fixed all of the problems and it's worked perfectly ever since. My hat's off to Raymond for all the very helpful support he provided. Here's a short video of it in operation:

Last edited:
I would like to add anyone with the skills to install a car stereo can easily do this themselves. The difficulties we ran into were because this was a beta test and there were some adjustments and firmware upgrades necessary. I'm sure now that Raymond has the proper information his kit will be a breeze to install.
Anyway it was a lot of fun and it was good seeing an old friend.

I just installed the struts. The install video for the older version says to manually pull the trunk down to check the struts move properly but I’ve been pulling and it doesn’t move at all. I’m afraid to dent the hood if I pull any harder. Did you have any trouble? Also contacted evoffer but waiting for reply.

Installed on my Model S Plaid EVOffers Electric Frunk kit. Assisted by my best Tesla friend, SUPURKAR (Bill Polera), who is an installation expert. I think this may have been the first installation on a Model S Plaid, but not sure of that. Had to do some adjustments of the latch mechanism to get it to work properly, and during the installation we were in touch with Raymond Wu, the owner of EVOffer, almost constantly via Whats App. Once we had the latch working properly, it would only open and close once, and there were a few problems with the closing speed. When notified of this, Raymond sent us new firmware, which was very easy to install. That fixed all of the problems and it's worked perfectly ever since. My hat's off to Raymond for all the very helpful support he provided. Here's a short video of it in operation:
What adjustments did you have to do with the latch? Mine latches fine without the storage bin installed. But with the bin installed it won’t latch. I made sure the bin wasn’t sitting on any wires or anything that be putting upward pressure on the hood when it closes.

Very groovy. Glad it's an option. I need to start using my frunk more, honestly I forget it's a storage area 99.99% of the time :\ Having it power open and close would probably help with my adoption rate.
I installed one of his on my pre-refresh Model S. Install and function and support were all great. But after all of that? I still rarely (if ever) used the frunk. Might have been just me, but I still always used the trunk areas for storage. Not spending $500 again on it, but its def a YMMV situation re: frunk usage.

I just installed the struts. The install video for the older version says to manually pull the trunk down to check the struts move properly but I’ve been pulling and it doesn’t move at all. I’m afraid to dent the hood if I pull any harder. Did you have any trouble? Also contacted evoffer but waiting for reply.
I have made them aware of this problem but there has not been any movement on correcting it and I am sure someone is going to bend their Hood and then there's going to be a bigger problem