Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I pulled the logs from the event where I had power cuts right at the start with a modest turn.
Those were pretty egregious. The power ramped up to 220kw normally, and then got cut to barely 20 over a course of a second and then took another 2.5! seconds to ramp up to max. Throttle pegged at 100% all of this time.
Were you alot to determine what exactly triggered it? I just started digging through this tread to get an answer to the power cuts I’ve had at a few events this year.

Things l'd like to know:
Track mode settings
What tire size are you running, what tire size do you have selected in the service menu?
Any error codes or noises when it happens?
I usually run 45/55 handling balance, -10 stability assist (have also gotten cuts at -9) and 15% regen. I have a set of 19” wheels that I throw on for autox events and change the tire settings to the 19” sport v2. No error codes or noises when it happens, the car just turns into a civic for 2-3 seconds.

Things l'd like to know:
Track mode settings
What tire size are you running, what tire size do you have selected in the service menu?
Any error codes or noises when it happens?
TM settings at 50-50, -10, 0% regen
305/30/19 RT660, 20" Zero-G in the menu (since I was getting full-on limp mode that was requiring a restart on 18" options)
No error codes, the run proceeds as if nothing happened afterwards, as opposed to getting a whole Christmas tree of warning lights.
The start of this run was an example of a power cut, you can definitely see that I'm pretty slow until the 2nd slalom cone.

If anyone wants a look, a part of the run log is attached, rename to .csv.
I cannot see anything obvious that could've triggered the event. It's a bit weird that the FR tire is not showing a pressure reading, it comes online later in the run. There's a bit of an increase in an estimated FR slip angle, but it's not any higher than what's encountered later in the run.

Attachments

• start.txt
    52.8 KB · Views: 36
Nobody knows for sure.
I'm pretty sure. Anytime I run more than 1/2" off I get TC/SC problems, and never have problems once I set it closer.
245/35R19 is 25.8". This is a very small tire for a Model 3. Best size match is one of the 18" Aero options. (26.3")

Tire diameters here:

I'm pretty sure. Anytime I run more than 1/2" off I get TC/SC problems, and never have problems once I set it closer.
245/35R19 is 25.8". This is a very small tire for a Model 3. Best size match is one of the 18" Aero options. (26.3")

Tire diameters here:
Like I said before, I had events where the car threw errors and went into limp mode with 18" settings for the tires listed above. I've also had events where it did fine with that 18" setting. I think it's a TC glitch. I'll try logging my autox runs with a scanmytesla next season.

Grassroots Motorsports annual $2000 budget build event opened up to any car this year. Super fun format with classes based on tire width. Some FAST guys showed up! There was an autocross and a drag race. The under budget cars also had a judged build contest that played into their standings. My 46.1 in the autocross and 11.5 drag times were good enough for fastest dynamic time for the entire event. Brought home $450 in gift certificates and some hardware. What a blast.

GMS.jpeg