Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1689621052756.png

This does not follow the road

If you are talking Merc and BMW and their version following the road, that’s a different price point vehicle
My M3RWD at $38K follows the road and stops on traffic
No one has AP road following, stopping in traffic at $38K

• Disagree
Reactions: MrT3
If you are talking Merc and BMW and their version following the road, that’s a different price point vehicle
Toyota is quite behind the European manufacturers with some of these features in terms of performance but sub £32k Toyota's in the UK have:

Lane Trace Assist​

Our Lane Trace Assist System is designed to make motorway driving safer. It keeps you centred in your lane and if you start to drift from it, steering assist will gently steer your car to correct its course.

Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control​

This system keeps you at a minimum pre-set distance from the vehicle in front. If this distance falls, the system reduces your speed and applies the brake, with brake lights activated. It can also bring your vehicle to a complete stop should the preceding vehicle stop ahead.

VW etc all have similar features in vehicles that cost less than a Tesla M3RWD.

AP needs clear windshield to work
Correct, but that's not my point. Apart from the drops running over the camera eye (which they would do in the rain no matter what) my windshield is always clean because of the Aquapel treatment. That's not just an assumption. My car has no problem in the rain with AP on and windshield wipers off, and neither do I.

I'm just trying to figure out if the latest software still insists that auto wipers are mandatory while using AP. If that's the case, I'm not going to update.

View attachment 957092
This does not follow the road

what? :D well, that is true. 330e was ~10k less than Tesla.
Like literally each and every other adaptive cruise control.. cars are doing this since 90s?
except they do. but hey. copium is strong. :)