Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny mine says you can add 'some' accessories. Specifically UMC can be added, as it's critical to using the vehicle. Unless I guess one exclusively supercharges. It seems ceramic coating and paint protection can be added to lease as well. I'm waiting to hear if any other accessories are allowed. I believe each lease company operates differently, some even allowing 4.2c/km charging rates off of a draft ruling!
The ATO guidance is "An accessory is fitted if it is secured, welded, wired into or otherwise permanently fixed to the electric vehicle. An accessory may also be considered fitted to the electric vehicle if the accessory is integral to the operation of the electric vehicle and ordinarily accepted to stay permanently in the electric vehicle (for example, the spare tyre jack)." - which would seem to include the UMC.

Non-business accessories do increase the base cost of the vehicle.

Reactions: jassi and bsbh
Ok..

The pickup today was nice and smooth.
We arrived about 15min early (better to be early than late) and they took us through about 5min later.
There were quite a few people there taking delivery of both M3 and MY.
They said to take as much time as we needed and after showing us some basics, we were left to explore the settings and look over the car.
They were always close by to answer any questions we had. We had a few.
No obvious issues with the car that I could see. I made a point to ensure the paintwork was perfect and did a quick once over on the rest but I will have a good look tomorrow.
The car was also charged to 100%.

We did a couple of laps around the block to get used to the car as we last drove one in July last year and then we were off.
The cameras celebrated after being on the Monash for about 10-15min but traffic at 3:30pm was very sketchy so I dare not use AP.

Once we were out of the city, the Wife wanted to have go and drove the rest of the way back to Bendigo.
We picked out Daughter (who didn't know we were getting the car) up from my Sisters and she absolutely lost it when she saw it.
On the way home we stopped to get GYG and although we were on 60%, I plugged into the Supercharger that was right at their front door.
My Daughter setup Netflix and watched Gilmore Girls while I got dinner (which went in the frunk).

I just got done putting in the floor mats and trunk/frunk liners, console tray, SSD and under seat vent covers.
Tomorrow I will fit the mudflaps and ceramic coat the seats. I will ceramic coat the outside over the weekend.

So now, it's all tucked in running the update that was there waiting and plugged in with a scheduled charge to begin at midnight and a scheduled precondition in the morning.

1708340170941.png

Ok..

We arrived about 15min early (better to be early than late) and they took us through about 5min later.
They said to take as much time as we needed and after showing us some basics, we were left to explore the settings and look over the car.
No obvious issues with the car that I could see. I made a point to ensure the paintwork was perfect and did a quick once over on the rest but I will have a good look tomorrow.

We did a couple of laps around the block to get used to the car as we last drove one in July last year and then we were off.
The cameras celebrated after being on the Monash for about 10-15min but traffic at 3:30pm was very sketchy so I dare not use AP.

Once we were out of the city, the Wife wanted to have go and drove the rest of the way back to Bendigo.
We picked out Daughter (who didn't know we were getting the car) up from my Sisters and she absolutely lost it when she saw it.
On the way home we stopped to get GYG and although we were on 60%, I plugged into the Supercharger that was right at their front door.
My Daughter setup Netflix and watched Gilmore Girls while I got dinner (which went in the frunk).

I just got done putting in the floor mats and trunk/frunk liners, console tray, SSD and under seat vent covers.
Tomorrow I will fit the mudflaps and ceramic coat the seats. I will ceramic coat the outside over the weekend.

So now, it's all tucked in running the update that was there waiting and plugged in with a scheduled charge to begin at midnight and a scheduled precondition in the morning.

View attachment 1019752
Wonderful ! Really great ! Thanks for your update. Really nice to read. Have fun with your new car.

Reactions: Goneincognito
Ok..

View attachment 1019752
Congratulations its great to see cars finally being delivered.
Great colour the blue really pops in the sunshine! which is the colour I have chosen and hopefully later on this week my MYP will be ready for pickup finally after months of waiting.

Reactions: bsbh and jq371
Ok..

View attachment 1019752
Great DC and day 1 experience. Congratulations! my MYLR is blue color and can't wait for it to arrive.

Are you able to post links to the accessories (flor mats, liners, under seat tray etc.) you have mentioned in your message, please?

Ok..

View attachment 1019752
Glad to see you guys finally take delivery! Enjoy!!!

Ok..

View attachment 1019752
You finally got it! What a journey.
I am very happy to also be getting blue. It looks wonderful!
Thanks for sharing this GC debacle with me and enjoy your new car! We pick up ours in 2 weeks time.

Great DC and day 1 experience. Congratulations! my MYLR is blue color and can't wait for it to arrive.

Are you able to post links to the accessories (flor mats, liners, under seat tray etc.) you have mentioned in your message, please?
Thanks!

Here are the links..
The Halo Blk stuff is a bit on the expensive side but the quality is awesome.
They seem to rotate what is on sale fairly often so I just waited until what I wanted was on sale before I got it.

You finally got it! What a journey.
I am very happy to also be getting blue. It looks wonderful!
Thanks for sharing this GC debacle with me and enjoy your new car! We pick up ours in 2 weeks time.
Not a problem.
I'm glad the wait is finally over. It was sure worth it though.
Hopefully you will feel the same.

The blue has so many different shades depending on the light.
I love it.

Has anyone who initially had a car caught up in the GC saga actually received the 6 month Enhanced Autopilot trial we were emailed about? We've had the car almost a month now and it's still just the 3 month trial included wih the referral code.

Just lodged a service request about it, hopefully they get back to me soon.

Has anyone who initially had a car caught up in the GC saga actually received the 6 month Enhanced Autopilot trial we were emailed about? We've had the car almost a month now and it's still just the 3 month trial included wih the referral code.

Just lodged a service request about it, hopefully they get back to me soon.
Update to this -

They've responded to me already and sorted it out. Also turns out that the 6 month free trial was in addition to the 3 month referral trial, so it's now good through till October.

Update to this -

They've responded to me already and sorted it out. Also turns out that the 6 month free trial was in addition to the 3 month referral trial, so it's now good through till October.
That's good to know that they've honoured it for you, I pick my car up from Hume this Thursday (assuming everything runs to order) and will be seeing if I also get nine months.

Thanks!

Here are the links..
The Halo Blk stuff is a bit on the expensive side but the quality is awesome.
They seem to rotate what is on sale fairly often so I just waited until what I wanted was on sale before I got it.

Wow that looks like nice stuff, I think I will be getting that for my Y too, not cheap but if it's as good a quality as it looks in the video it will be worth it.

Not a problem.
I'm glad the wait is finally over. It was sure worth it though.
Hopefully you will feel the same.

The blue has so many different shades depending on the light.
I love it.
Please let me know how the ceramic coating on the interior goes! I have my eye on a product to use but am curious if it's worth doing to the black interior.
I have ceramic paint coating and window tint booked for shortly after delivery.

Reactions: jq371
Please let me know how the ceramic coating on the interior goes! I have my eye on a product to use but am curious if it's worth doing to the black interior.
I have ceramic paint coating and window tint booked for shortly after delivery.
Will do.
This is the one I will be using.

Reactions: baazighar