Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have several people at my office who are novating their new tesla’s. A large financier has had a cybersecurity breach back in late Jan and some of their subsidiaries are having issues with their contracts as their systems have not been restored. This is causing payment issues. There is an article in the financial review about the

Just booked pickup of our MY in Melb too (Morning Crystal). 25th Feb. Finally!
My Glovis Caravel, I mean morning Crystal Model Y RWD email came and just booked pickup for the 23rd of Feb 10:30 Mulgrave Victoria. I have asked the Novated lease company to pay early so I don't get another delay. Insuring through APIA. Have my aftermarket wheel covers, spoiler and screen protector also my Tesla portable charger and sunshade all ready to go. I can't believe it is finally happening. Original order 25th of September. BTW I waited a year for my RAV4 hybrid, so this is not so bad. Anyone want to buy a 2014 Mercedes E200 convertible?

Reactions: t3t5ujin
Hi all, long time listener, first time poster, gc survivor-just for the car (I assume) to be offloaded in Melbourne instead of Sydney. Order placed 30/09 current estimated delivery February 17 - March 09. Rang Tesla yesterday, got nothing from the rep, don’t know if your car got offloaded in Melbourne (know some have), best estimate is per your delivery estimate in app.

For those in my situation, are we still thinking it’s THEBEN bringing our cars up? Seems like a flipping joke they’re not paying for a car carrier to drive these up!

Hi all, long time listener, first time poster, gc survivor-just for the car (I assume) to be offloaded in Melbourne instead of Sydney. Order placed 30/09 current estimated delivery February 17 - March 09. Rang Tesla yesterday, got nothing from the rep, don’t know if your car got offloaded in Melbourne (know some have), best estimate is per your delivery estimate in app.

For those in my situation, are we still thinking it’s THEBEN bringing our cars up? Seems like a flipping joke they’re not paying for a car carrier to drive these up!
Hi. Fellow sufferer. Yea the current story is the same from Tesla that the cars are coming by Theben. A fellow sufferer told me the docking schedule for Theben in port of Melb is feb 16-17 and Kembla is feb 19-20

Hi. Fellow sufferer. Yea the current story is the same from Tesla that the cars are coming by Theben. A fellow sufferer told me the docking schedule for Theben in port of Melb is feb 16-17 and Kembla is feb 19-20
If that goes to plan, we should be able to receive our cars late feb-early march since our cars are prioritised, BUT everyone already knows something else is gonna go wrong.

I saw a bunch of 2024 MY RWDs come up in inventory today (Brisbane), so I took the plunge and clicked "buy now". Currently says estimated delivery 17 Feb - Mar 9 which is a lot sooner than I expected....... however, no doubt something will stuff up and it will get delayed

Just got assigned a VIN and notified that she's on the WALRUS ACE vessel, which apparently is yet to berth down in Melbourne. I wonder if the plan is to unload them all in Melbourne, then truck up to Brisbane, or if the Walrus will sail to Brisbane after Melbourne and unload some more.....

I find it interesting that Tesla even notifies its customers of the name of the vessel that is transporting their vehicle. I have purchased a few new vehicles previously from legacy manufacturers and have never been given that information. I guess it's just another example of Tesla doing things a bit differently..... Maybe it's their way of reducing the number of customers calling them to ask where their vehicle is....

Looks like LA timeline for berth got pushed forward a few days!
Is LA heading back to PK from MEL ? o_O
I was praying for a chance to book for pickup with an EDD of Feb 15 - Mar 7.
Just curious. Did anybody on LA got pickup dates booked/confirmed ?

1707865444144.png

Is LA heading back to PK from MEL ? o_O
I was praying for a chance to book for pickup with an EDD of Feb 15 - Mar 7.
Just curious. Did anybody on LA got pickup dates booked/confirmed ?

View attachment 1018066
Just checked the MIRRAT schedule again, which changes constantly, it looks like LA is gonna berth in port Melbourne on Friday. Getting close. Also I think your browser is just not formatting the table correctly the text are misaligned to the headings.. which is prob what confused you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214-101713~2.png
    Screenshot_20240214-101713~2.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: bsbh
Just checked the MIRRAT schedule again, which changes constantly, it looks like LA is gonna berth in port Melbourne on Friday. Getting close. Also I think your browser is just not formatting the table correctly the text are misaligned to the headings.. which is prob what confused you.
Thanks heaps for checking and sharing 👍 Very excited and fingers-crossed :)🤞
Yes you're right... I was clearly confused. Column "To" has the name of the dock on Port Melbourne I guess (which is 'Webb Dock 1 West' in this case).

Reactions: chopperrrrr
Just when I think it couldn't get any more ridiculous. After receiving an email yesterday at 09:02am SA time to book in my vehicle pick up. I then booked for a 16:30 pick up from Adelaide Airport on the 19th February.

I just received a phone call just now from (Tom?) from Tesla, advising that there has been a glitch in the system and that my vehicle will now be arriving into Adelaide on the 22nd of February, and that I can arrange pick up from the 23rd onwards. Seriously, how the hell does this happen? I had tinting and ceramic protection booked for the 20th, which I now have to rebook for. The app now has my EDD from February 14th to March 6 again.

Did I mention I ordered August 26th?

My patience has run dry. He wanted to rebook over the phone, but I want an email to keep records of this ridiculous situation. Tesla, fix your s#!t.

Just when I think it couldn't get any more ridiculous. After receiving an email yesterday at 09:02am SA time to book in my vehicle pick up. I then booked for a 16:30 pick up from Adelaide Airport on the 19th February.

I just received a phone call just now from (Tom?) from Tesla, advising that there has been a glitch in the system and that my vehicle will now be arriving into Adelaide on the 22nd of February, and that I can arrange pick up from the 23rd onwards. Seriously, how the hell does this happen? I had tinting and ceramic protection booked for the 20th, which I now have to rebook for. The app now has my EDD from February 14th to March 6 again.

My patience has run dry. He wanted to rebook over the phone, but I want an email to keep records of this ridiculous situation. Tesla, fix your s#!t.
Sorry to hear this happen to you.

TBH Tesla doesn't give a crap about customer service, they know they're selling their vehicles.
Still not a good way to do business!

Did I mention I ordered August 26th?

I’m ADL too and have gone through the full MC saga having ordered in early Sept. Didn’t get the email you did yday so may be a legit glitch.

The good folk who are doing my ceramic and tinting contacted me a few weeks back saying they were expecting me to receive delivery on 28/02 - my EDD has been 14-Feb to 6-Mar for a month or so now so I think their estimate is on the money.

I talked to a Tesla agent trying to juice as much information out from him and he stated they are expecting THEBEN deliveries to start around the 25th and end within the first week of March, apparently there still are hundreds of Teslas at PK that need to transported to DC's but our ones are prioritised.