Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes... i also think the performance has the words Dual Motor underlined in red
Don't forget the MYP sits a little bit lower on its sports suspension as well. (its only about 15mm I don't know if you'd even notice it?)
But yeah apart from the rear spoiler, the red brake calipers, the front fog lights (the LR has these as well) and the 21 inch uberturbines as opposed to the standard Gemini 19's not a big difference visually.
I think that most of the differences are under the hood, ie sports brakes/suspension, dual motors etc...

My Model Y seems to be still missing. I was assigned a new VIN after the Glovis debacle and told it was on the Crystal. The Crystal came and went from Brisbane a couple of weeks ago with many folks actually having taken delivery of those vehicles. I still have a blank EDD and no texts or emails about it being in the country or pending delivery. Both the Tesla text response and dealer phone call said that the Crystal did not dock in Brisbane as the port was too busy. I corrected both of them on the inaccuracy of that notion. So far no responses to my further texts asking for update and a phone call to the dealer this morning just rang out.

Bottom line is my Tesla is missing, either in Brisbane but not allocated to me, or left on the ship and sent to Melbourne. A third option is that it was assigned to another client and they don't want to tell me that. I have a Morning Crystal VIN assigned to me, so its in the system somewhere. Tesla doesn't want to talk about it though. A shame as I took 8 weeks off work from Christmas in the hope of doing some driving trips in the new car. Seems that isn't going to happen now.
It's amazing how poorly they treat their customers and the lack of transparent information is awful. I hope they see some of the feedback here and start to improve.
Small anecdote from today- I had to call them relating to something on my final invoice and the automatic voice prompt system disconnected my call three time - even the phone software they use is substandard 😅

My Model Y seems to be still missing. I was assigned a new VIN after the Glovis debacle and told it was on the Crystal. The Crystal came and went from Brisbane a couple of weeks ago with many folks actually having taken delivery of those vehicles. I still have a blank EDD and no texts or emails about it being in the country or pending delivery. Both the Tesla text response and dealer phone call said that the Crystal did not dock in Brisbane as the port was too busy. I corrected both of them on the inaccuracy of that notion. So far no responses to my further texts asking for update and a phone call to the dealer this morning just rang out.

Bottom line is my Tesla is missing, either in Brisbane but not allocated to me, or left on the ship and sent to Melbourne. A third option is that it was assigned to another client and they don't want to tell me that. I have a Morning Crystal VIN assigned to me, so its in the system somewhere. Tesla doesn't want to talk about it though. A shame as I took 8 weeks off work from Christmas in the hope of doing some driving trips in the new car. Seems that isn't going to happen now.
I told my wife about your story today. We're both in disbelief how poorly Tesla has managed everything since the Glovis Caravel situation. It really has been quite the ride.
I haven't bought a new car in 13 years but I don't remember it ever being this... substandard.
I'm holding out some hope on good ongoing customer support once the car is in my garage based on past owner's experiences, but still this whole thing has soured me greatly on Tesla as a whole. I'm very sorry that this continues to happen to you.

I received the 'arrived in Australia' email today as well. I'm in Melbourne with a rwd on the MC.
Went for a look after work and saw the door was still open but no action at 6pm.
1000023551.jpg

I told my wife about your story today. We're both in disbelief how poorly Tesla has managed everything since the Glovis Caravel situation. It really has been quite the ride.
I haven't bought a new car in 13 years but I don't remember it ever being this... substandard.
I'm holding out some hope on good ongoing customer support once the car is in my garage based on past owner's experiences, but still this whole thing has soured me greatly on Tesla as a whole. I'm very sorry that this continues to happen to you.
I am sorry to tell you that my experience from the first half of 2023 was pretty...substandard as well and I don't think either the car or the post-sales experience of dealing with Tesla has made up for it at all.

While there is a lot to like, there have been too many serious deficits in the way Tesla treat their customers. I really like the EV experience, but even when I could get a benefit from referring customers to Tesla, I wouldn't.

Reactions: stibbs and RichY3