Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried calling 1 800 68 6705 and asking for help?
My rego papers had my old last name. I called and they fixed it on the call and reissued the rego papers and invoice.
The only time I have called Tesla was regarding the UMC (after they couldn't sort it by SMS). I am almost through the car-buying process, frustrating though it may be. I assume calling the SA won't change anything now.

Reactions: grizzlybear
When you first place an order, a SA reaches out to you with their contact details. I usually email them or call them whenever I have a question. I called the customer service twice (1800 line) and surprisingly, both of the times my SA was on the hotline.
My sa rang me when I first placed the order and then disappeared off the face of the earth. Has never responded to a voicemail or text

What I've discovered throughout this process is there is a wide wide discrepancy in SA's and how good they are with customers.

To put it bluntly, some are just lazy. The good ones stand out and go out of their way (friendly detailed no-rush explanations in the showroom, ordering insight, follow up phone calls or texts, organising test drives or special requests, sharing their details, responding to queries, etc).

I'm one of the lucky customers that got the latter when I ordered, but had the former at my first visit.

Port of Brisbane update as of Saturday morning. Viking Passama and Paganella now show up on the ship movements page coming into the actual terminal so I've included this information instead of the scheduled departure date.

[Ship] [Arrival date] [Travel to berth] [Departure date]

Viking Passama/ 19th Apr/ 1-5am 7th May/ [N/A]
Paganella/ 24th April/ 1-5am 12th May/ [N/A]
Palmela/ 27th April/ [Not known] /15th May
Morning Crystal/ 29th Apr/ [Not known] /21st May
Thanks for this matthardy.

Looks like Passama is finally at port and unloading, in line with your updated info. If the dates in your post hold then I'm feeling a lot more comfortable making EOFY.

Looking forward to your RAV update Elite Display. The date yours hits RAV should tell me which one of the 3 ships I'm on.

rego form will dictate it. so if you've already submitted could be too late - call/email your SA..

or just order custom plates like I'm doing then swap after you pickup the car.
My SA told me that they can only do white/yellow. Anything else will need to be done/swapped with ServiceNSW after pick up of the car.

Hopefully thats accurate because I've stuck with the hideous yellow plate instead of paying a premium for the white, and will be swapping it straight away to custom.

And by the way.. myplates has 20% order fees until midnight tomorrow if anyone is contemplating one.

EDIT: Promo code S423MATE

Last edited:
Reactions: YAnthony
Thanks for this matthardy.

Looks like Passama is finally at port and unloading, in line with your updated info. If the dates in your post hold then I'm feeling a lot more comfortable making EOFY.

Looking forward to your RAV update Elite Display. The date yours hits RAV should tell me which one of the 3 ships I'm on.
I was very excited this morning to refresh and see that this was the case. It suggests to me that the POB public schedules are reasonable. On this score, Passama now shows up as due to depart as of almost exactly now. So, if we see that it's moved from port anytime in the next little while, it helps bed down our understanding.

Reactions: Red Man
Anyone in QLD / northern NSW that's picking up from Brisbane or the Gold Coast, if you get a text message for a delivery slot, please post your pickup location, when you received the text message and what options were available for you to select as a pickup time/date.

It will help give us an idea of when after vessel departure these cars are considered ready for pickup which we can overlay onto Paganella, Palmela and Morning Crystal assuming no differences in quarantine clearance etc. Hopefully there will be a RAV entry as well shortly.