Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you still think that AU MYP cars ordered in the first week or so still come with a charging cable?

Model Ys ordered in the first four weeks will come with the mobile connector

Orders opened on the 10th of June 2022, mobile connectors are included with all orders before the 8th of July 2022 plus any that are delivered before the 31st of March 2023.

This is not very inspiring… Why I bought a Tesla Model Y
Lol, the guy plays very well the “pretend to be unbiased” role but flogs the car and Tesla on every aspect, including calling it poorly engineered and a legacy EV maker. The top one is worrying for Tesla‘a future given his bad perception of FSD.
Good on him for the click bait.
To each their own. Having driven M3LR in Europe, M3P and MYP in the US, I personally can’t wait.

Reactions: Way Downunder
Where to find these ship schedules and port calls? thanks.

This is the Armacup schedule Asia to Oceania | Armacup
The other alternative shipping company that Australian cars come on is Ace Carriers and it does go to NZ so there is a chance your car is on that. They have a VIN search tool which you can plug your VIN into and it will tell you what ship it's on if it's a Ace toro RoRo

What I find interesting is that he's implying that the dual motor is safer than the RWD. I guess I won't know how I feel about it until I've tried it for a bit.

I do know that everybody is dumping on Enhanced AP and FSD. Even huge fans. That's alarming. I honestly thought that would be better and am glad they are offering 30 day trials because I would be very hesitant now.

What I find interesting is that he's implying that the dual motor is safer than the RWD. I guess I won't know how I feel about it until I've tried it for a bit.

I do know that everybody is dumping on Enhanced AP and FSD. Even huge fans. That's alarming. I honestly thought that would be better and am glad they are offering 30 day trials because I would be very hesitant now.
Having also done the Model 3 to Model Y upgrade, I enjoyed his article and analysis. Some points I didn't agree with however they were personal preferences, I liked his objectivity.

With regards to the safer aspect, that part had me intrigued. Obviously I can't assess the type of testing he's done a Lang Lang, and like the author states "it's worth noting that most people will never do this type of driving to unearth the vehicle's flaws". I've done some spirited driving in the MY, nowhere near the level you'd be able to get to on a track, and found it to be rock solid at those levels. Drive it to the conditions or even slightly over them, most people will be fine. I suspect that the comfort biased Hankooks play a role here, and despite having just purchased Michelin Pilot Sport 5 for my other car, I'd replace the Hankooks with the same on the MY when they became due because they suit the car and my intended use of it.

It was as good a review of an EV as any that I've seen from the AU motoring press, the author clearly has clearly benefited from owning an EV and getting it. The MY RWD isn't perfect and he pointed out the areas in which it's lacking, however for me it remains by far the best family car I've ever owned and a brutally efficient way to perform A to B duties and family road trips.

Reactions: Way Downunder
Maric is lucky to be referred to as a journalist lol

How did his article based on a tweet about Tesla cheating safety testing go?

The author of the tweet he based it on was even confused he turned it into an article
Journalism has for a long time become a journalist expressing his personal opinions instead on reporting on facts. On top of that you have to add controversy and sensationalism or it won’t get the clicks.
Calling this guy’s opinion “objective” is ridiculous. You can tell he has an agenda from the get go.

I read it a couple of times and there is a little negativity which he owns up to, but I appreciated the explanation about RWD, and regen. Bjorn also mentioned RWD having limitations with regen if I recall correctly. It is a bit like pointing out frontwd Ice tends to understeer if pushed, it's just a thing. The small number speedo is clearly a what were they thinking item, hopefully an soft ware change for the future. The rest is as expected for a vehicle in the price mass market area and according to all other reports too, no surprises. He seems to have adapted, not even sure he would bother to change to the MY longrange to get that better control with AWD/regen. He does drive a lot of vehicles with heaps of suspension travel so the MY is very different from those. I had a Mazda 323 with stiff suspension and yes it did bash about too but it was all in the interest of sportiness supposedly. Tesla will probably adapt the suspension for the heavy BEV to make it more SUV family friendly. It seems they are still a bit confused from their initial get attention mindset to grab some market, are they performance cars or service cars? Performance vs rwd but it seems not all the way there yet with design. Hope my MYP doesn't break my back, Ill just have to get good at dodging potholes, at least it will do that bit well.

Journalism has for a long time become a journalist expressing his personal opinions instead on reporting on facts. On top of that you have to add controversy and sensationalism or it won’t get the clicks.
Calling this guy’s opinion “objective” is ridiculous. You can tell he has an agenda from the get go.
Disagree. He's a pretty measured journalist. You might not like or agree with what he says, but he often makes good points.