Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think 250Kw relates to the capacity of the charger, not sure what the max charge rate for Model 3 (LFP) but others may know.
Initial state of charge, the temperature of the battery, ambient temperature, capacity of the site and number of other cars charging at the site can all make a difference. From what looks like circa 40% to 100% in 35 minutes seems fairly respectable.

Edit: Model 3 RWD max charging rate 170Kw, Long Range 250Kw. Still you only get max charge rate in ideal conditions, low SOC, warm day, warm but not too warm battery etc and it does not charge at that rate for the entire charge session.
Thanks for that. Makes sense. I did try pre conditioning the battery, but I don't think we lived far enough away for the trip there to fully do that.

Still, I was happy with a 60 minute charge from 15% to 100% and it only costing me $30. 😊

Reactions: Gavarse
If you are from Adelaide, DO NOT use Motor One paint protection. I took my car in this morning. After 5 days of not driving it to ensure it stayed clean, it drizzled on the way to them this morning. So there was some road spray behind the wheels on lower rear and front door panels. Now,on way home it was sunny. Got home, checked car a.d found this(photos). I also have all camera footage of when they had car. They just coated over the dirt a d I can't see any sign on the video clips where they applied interior coating. I sent my nl company an email to credit what I paid. In total, car was in building for an hour to do tinting, exterior a.d interior coating.g, then sat outside from 10:30 till 1:30 when they rang me to pick up
1000003093.jpg
1000003089.jpg
1000003086.jpg

If you are from Adelaide, DO NOT use Motor One paint protection. I took my car in this morning. After 5 days of not driving it to ensure it stayed clean, it drizzled on the way to them this morning. So there was some road spray behind the wheels on lower rear and front door panels. Now,on way home it was sunny. Got home, checked car a.d found this(photos). I also have all camera footage of when they had car. They just coated over the dirt a d I can't see any sign on the video clips where they applied interior coating. I sent my nl company an email to credit what I paid. In total, car was in building for an hour to do tinting, exterior a.d interior coating.g, then sat outside from 10:30 till 1:30 when they rang me to pick upView attachment 1048734View attachment 1048735View attachment 1048736
Will be interesting to hear what the NL says.

Mine came back immaculate.

I don’t know what the interior protection did but the ceramic coating is still really good and the tint is perfect

Before I got the car coated etc all this crud flicked off the tyres, I’m guessing it was the gloss crad the delivery centre put on it.
I had the car for over a week and just drove it heaps.
When I got it back from motor one it was just as clean if not cleaner than at delivery.

IMG_8762.jpeg

Before I got the car coated etc all this crud flicked off the tyres, I’m guessing it was the gloss crad the delivery centre put on it.
I had the car for over a week and just drove it heaps.
When I got it back from motor one it was just as clean if not cleaner than at delivery.

View attachment 1048746
Ok, so I don't understand why they didn't clean my crud off. I am impressed that you are maintaining good nail clipping hygene

Reactions: dronus
If you are from Adelaide, DO NOT use Motor One paint protection. I took my car in this morning. After 5 days of not driving it to ensure it stayed clean, it drizzled on the way to them this morning. So there was some road spray behind the wheels on lower rear and front door panels. Now,on way home it was sunny. Got home, checked car a.d found this(photos). I also have all camera footage of when they had car. They just coated over the dirt a d I can't see any sign on the video clips where they applied interior coating. I sent my nl company an email to credit what I paid. In total, car was in building for an hour to do tinting, exterior a.d interior coating.g, then sat outside from 10:30 till 1:30 when they rang me to pick upView attachment 1048734View attachment 1048735View attachment 1048736
That sucks. Definitely make sure you follow this up. That isn't good.

Much like @dronus my car came back cleaner than it was when I picked it up from Tesla.

I'm waiting for the media reports on Tesla owners who took out novated leases and their end of lease massive balloon payments for a car that's under water given the crash in resale values.

I guess Tesla's going to start to have the car industry's worst depreciation rates.

It’s terrible, there is no way I’ll upgrade to another one now. I reckon I’ve taken a 55% hit in less than 2 years, and I didn’t even buy in peak

🤔 well I bought my Model 3 LR for $95k drive-away in 2019, and it’s currently insured for $73k, which means if it was written off, I could still buy a brand new one, even though “new for old” on the policy ended after 2 years!

So to me, Tesla’s ongoing price reductions looks like upside!! And I’ve had the joy of driving a Model 3 for nearly 5 years!