Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried instant offer on car sales, got a great instant offer but then after the dealer called me they just started low balling and saying “ohh.. it’s 6 months older than what’s popular.. that’s a few grand… when did you last put tyres on it blah blah blah. Went to list it on their site but that’s basically gumtree so after the first dozen morons asking me stupid questions I pulled that ad and sold it to another wholesaler. They bought it for a price in the middle, were fair, cash in the bank and tow truck came and picked it up.
Didn’t get top dollar but I’d sacrifice that to not have to deal with people during the sale, then them contacting me after. It’s a car, goodbye, got a new one.
I got more than my payout figure so did well.
Yes agree, lots of wankers on Gumtree and fb, not to mention scammers. I just ignore them

Reactions: dronus
Yes agree, lots of wankers on Gumtree and fb, not to mention scammers. I just ignore them
I just couldn’t be bothered, don’t enjoy the “thrill of the chase” like some seem too. Each to their own, some people enjoy that whole bartering thing. Good luck to them.

Once when I had unexpected interstate visitors I went to a furniture store that prides its self on “haggling” as they had those fold out beds on sale. Walked in, the price on them was $100 more than the ad. I went to walk out when the sales guy asked if I needed help. I asked why the beds were more than advertised, he looked at me with a smile and said “ohh you are new to this, we have to haggle”. I replied.. make the price what you advertised and I’ll take two.
Condescendingly he says “you still don’t get it, let’s start at $10 under the ticket price” I gave him a 5 second stare, turned and walked out. As I was walking out I overheard him saying to his colleague “this guy doesn’t get it”…

I'm pretty sure that is against some consumer law, in Woolworths if the price scans higher than the shelf price you get it for free.

Instead of selling 2 beds he sold none, and out of principle I’ll never consider shopping there again. The old bait and switch. If they managed to haggle you to a price above the advertised price how does that work? I’m not there for an “experience “ I’m there to buy beds, I don’t care about all the other stuff.

Anyway, caveat emptor. YMMV.

Reactions: Tesl3on
I just couldn’t be bothered, don’t enjoy the “thrill of the chase” like some seem too. Each to their own, some people enjoy that whole bartering thing. Good luck to them.

Once when I had unexpected interstate visitors I went to a furniture store that prides its self on “haggling” as they had those fold out beds on sale. Walked in, the price on them was $100 more than the ad. I went to walk out when the sales guy asked if I needed help. I asked why the beds were more than advertised, he looked at me with a smile and said “ohh you are new to this, we have to haggle”. I replied.. make the price what you advertised and I’ll take two.
Condescendingly he says “you still don’t get it, let’s start at $10 under the ticket price” I gave him a 5 second stare, turned and walked out. As I was walking out I overheard him saying to his colleague “this guy doesn’t get it”…

I'm pretty sure that is against some consumer law, in Woolworths if the price scans higher than the shelf price you get it for free.

Instead of selling 2 beds he sold none, and out of principle I’ll never consider shopping there again. The old bait and switch. If they managed to haggle you to a price above the advertised price how does that work? I’m not there for an “experience “ I’m there to buy beds, I don’t care about all the other stuff.

Anyway, caveat emptor. YMMV.
Ok, that's just dumb, the salesman is a tool. I used to sell new homes. You gotta read the room.

Reactions: dronus
Ok, that's just dumb, the salesman is a tool. I used to sell new homes. You gotta read the room.
Yeah I had cash in my hand, just take it and point me to the boxes. That’s the extent of the transaction.
I’ve tried to sell a few other things on gumtree but there seems to be quite a few people lowballing so they can flip things for a profit.
Hope your car is on one of these next ships.
They are beautiful cars.

@Wagits , have you got your car yet?
I see M3H 18" Black/White is in stock in SA Tesla.
1712834307626.png

I didn't believe you, but....
View attachment 1037642

Wow. That's crazy. You could buy a Camry for less in 2020.
View attachment 1037647
I know right, my brother in law was buying them for work cars. But he lost his cool when he went to replace them earlier this year. He switched over to the MG3 at $17990. They are close to half the price, with I think a 7 year warranty. I know Toyota have a reputation for reliability, but seriously, $33000 for their entry model car.

I was wondering when I might have received my car which had an EDD of Mar-Apr before switching to inventory stock and I see they have my exact order config in inventory so I guess they would have delivered within the EDD.
“In inventory” does not mean it is sitting in a showroom ready to go
It might still be unallocated on a boat.

Best bet is to call or sms the Tesla rep you have been dealing with for updates.

“In inventory” does not mean it is sitting in a showroom ready to go
It might still be unallocated on a boat.

Best bet is to call or sms the Tesla rep you have been dealing with for updates.
Sorry I should have been clearer. I’ve already got my car - collected 2 weeks ago after switching to inventory and upgrading to 19” wheels (although it’s currently at the body shop getting the paint defect fixed). I was more curious when I might have received my car had I not changed to inventory and whether they would have met the EDD, which based on current inventory listings appears they would have.

Sorry I should have been clearer. I’ve already got my car - collected 2 weeks ago after switching to inventory and upgrading to 19” wheels (although it’s currently at the body shop getting the paint defect fixed). I was more curious when I might have received my car had I not changed to inventory and whether they would have met the EDD, which based on current inventory listings appears they would have.
Yeah I thought I had read that you had taken delivery so I was a bit confused, sorry about that.

Generally they do meet the EDD, they are pretty keen to get cars allocated and delivered.

Reactions: ezpz