Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have off street parking at home, I would suggest you organise your home charging first and worry about adapters later. Your Model 3 comes with a CCS2 charge port which is the most popular public DC charging plug and also fits any Type 2 AC charging plug.
If there are some untethered AC chargers that you will be likely to use you can consider a type 2 to Type 2 charging cable but I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get one unless you know of a specific requirement for your use case.
Agreed.
I went crazy while waiting and bought one of everything.
Now I just use the wall connector at home 90% of the time. Mobile charger if car is in the shed.
I’ve used the type 2 cable at a type 2 charger but just out of curiousity, no real need for it :)

My apartment block won’t let me install one so I’ve been doing my research and want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks for the information!
If you’re a tenant I agree that it’s a very difficult situation to get even just a 10A power point installed. If you own your apartment you should join the owners committee and start going through the EV ready building process. If anyone is owns an apartment that they rent they should be supporting the building becoming EV ready.
The EV ready building process is outlined on the NSW Department of energy website. At the very least tenants can ask through their managing agent if the Owners Committee is aware of this scheme and if they have given consideration to having an EV viability report written.
I am on an owners committee for a large apartment building in the Rocks and at our next meeting on Monday I will be presenting so that the committee can decide what company to hire to design the EV charging backbone system. We expect to have the system installed by years end and the provision of EV charging is seen as important in keeping the building up to date and promote the value of the building in terms of sales and leasing.

I'm in the same boat as you. Renting so cannot install a custom plug. Have a standard wall plug I can use at a pinch, but I would still need to buy the $550 mobile charging cable from Tesla for that.

What my partner and I have done is mapped out our nearest Tesla supercharger / Evie Charging / Chargefox locations, and will likely get rely on the ones that have cables already on site for the first month or two. Then we will get the Tesla UMC product after that, then a Type 2 to Type 2 connector, so that we are basically good to go for any situation.

Hope that helps. 😊
That’s exactly what I’ve done re:mapping out my local situation and being prepared. I don’t imagine it would be a big issue but I’d rather be prepared than not be.

Thanks!

Reactions: BTRProducer
anybody else not able to access their order management page on PC? all other pages and the app work. Cant even view it when I pull it up as a webpage on my phone. Weird...
1712509550286.png

That’s exactly what I’ve done re:mapping out my local situation and being prepared. I don’t imagine it would be a big issue but I’d rather be prepared than not be.

Thanks!
Even though it still feels a bit too much like going to the petrol station each week, as for me one of the big selling points of an EV is being able to charge at home, I am sure the fact I only have to charge every 2-3 weeks and the much lower cost will balance out any sense of familiarity. 😂

Reactions: dronus
Even though it still feels a bit too much like going to the petrol station each week, as for me one of the big selling points of an EV is being able to charge at home, I am sure the fact I only have to charge every 2-3 weeks and the much lower cost will balance out any sense of familiarity. 😂
Some shopping centres have chargers so you might be able to use that while concurrently shopping or so on and so forth and what have you.

The sole functioning CCS2 charger near where I live only works half the time and is in the back of a shopping centre carpark near a shadey looking massage place so that’s not so handy (pardon the pun).

Some shopping centres have chargers so you might be able to use that while concurrently shopping or so on and so forth and what have you.

The sole functioning CCS2 charger near where I live only works half the time and is in the back of a shopping centre carpark near a shadey looking massage place so that’s not so handy (pardon the pun).
Yes, there's actually a shopping centre about 10 minutes from us that has 250kw Tesla Superchargers. Went and checked it out a couple of weekends ago. Also has 2 Coles-branded Charge Fox stations as well.

So when we need to we can just go there, charge for 30 minutes while we shop, then go home. 😊

• Love
Reactions: mcv75 and dronus

I'd say that's a bonus, nice massage while your Tesla charges

• Funny
Reactions: BaymaxW
My estimated delivery date has updated again. It is now April 24 - May 15. Brought forward 5 days. 🥳 Hope this trend continues!

Might be worth checking again if you have recently received it.

As for charging, day 1 I'm planning to get the Tesla mobile connector and charge overnight from an existing socket in the garage. Fortunately there are 4 servos and a shopping centre within 5 minutes drive that have fast chargers should I need it. Longer term I'm looking at a Zappi wall charger for the garage - it seems pretty good for managing charging - you can set it so it only consumes solar that would have been exported, mange chare times to take advantage of time of use tariffs or avoid demand charge periods.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BTRProducer
My estimated delivery date has updated again. It is now April 24 - May 15. Brought forward 5 days. 🥳 Hope this trend continues!

As for charging, day 1 I'm planning to get the Tesla mobile connector and charge overnight from an existing socket in the garage. Fortunately there are 4 servos and a shopping centre within 5 minutes drive that have fast chargers should I need it. Longer term I'm looking at a Zappi wall charger for the garage - it seems pretty good for managing charging - you can set it so it only consumes solar that would have been exported, mange chare times to take advantage of time of use tariffs or avoid demand charge periods.
Yep, mine has also updated same as you! Where are you planning on collecting from? I'm aiming for the Tesla dealership at Mount Gravatt.

As for charging, how far away from Rochedale are you? Is the Tesla supercharger there a viable option for you?

Have you considered the tesla gen 3 and charge hq. I sent them (chargehq) an email today as I am still trying to work out my best option. I can get a gen3 installed for $2400, the zappi with all the smarts will cost $4900 to do same as gen3 and chargehq.

Reactions: mcv75
Yep, mine has also updated same as you! Where are you planning on collecting from? I'm aiming for the Tesla dealership at Mount Gravatt.

As for charging, how far away from Rochedale are you? Is the Tesla supercharger there a viable option for you?
I'll be collecting it from the Eagle Farm delivery centre. They don't do deliveries at Tesla in the Valley. I'm at Eatons Hill in the NW, but there are chargers ranging from 50 to 200 Kw at the nearby BP, Ampol, Shell and shopping centre.

Have you considered the tesla gen 3 and charge hq. I sent them (chargehq) an email today as I am still trying to work out my best option. I can get a gen3 installed for $2400, the zappi with all the smarts will cost $4900 to do same as gen3 and chargehq.
Thanks for letting me know. Will definitely look in to these.

Quick note for all, I called Tesla to check for my VIN and they said I had been allocated a VIN two weeks back itself. But I had used the chrome extension for VIN finder and could not find it.
The issue apparently was that I hadNot updated the Payment part. I was not aware that I had to do it as I am getting the car on NL. The moment I did it a few things happened VIN number appeared and WA Rego forms also appeared (signed and submitted). Now waiting for the Final invoice.
If I had not called I had be waiting till they called me and delivery would have been delayed.
PS: Tesla guy confirmed that Orchid Ace has in fact brought a load of Model 3’s which will be delivered to Tesla DC (Perth) by next week.
Hey mate, could you elaborate on what needed updating? was it this?
1712574315617.png

Ive added a credit card to the payment page for charging, but that didnt make a lot of sense to me as im going through NL arrangment.
I ordered on the 14th around the same time as some other getting VIN allocations etc, so wanted to check what you did for the above with NL in mind.

Cheers in advance

I'm pretty sure that it is MORNING CRYSTAL. It is currently just north of PNG which seems to be about where VIN allocations happen. She is due at the Caloundra anchorage on 12/04, but Port of Brisbane don't have her docking until after 14/04 at this point. She then continues to Port Kembla and Melbourne.

Otherwise, the next Australian bound ships (thanks to Mr Miserable's 2024 Shipping Movements thread) is PAGNELLA due in Brisbane (via Japan) 18/04, Pt Kembla 23/04 & Melbourne 27/04 and then TURANDOT.
Our delivery date was updated on the weekend. It was previously Feb - Apr 2024 but changed to est delivery May 4 - May25. I was excited to finally see some sort of date.
Then today we got an email saying "...your order has been matched with a Vehicle Identification Numbver (VIN) for an incoming vehicle in our upcoming delivery period."
No VIN in the app yet but hopefully the car is on one of these ships. I'm getting excited!

For those picking up from the Alexandria delivery centre, how long between your car arriving in Australia and you picking it up?
I picked up from Alexandria, and the wait was just over a week, between the car arriving in Aus to me picking it up. You get the “your car has arrived in Aus” email/message and not long after you get some dates to schedule your pickup.

Reactions: james8