Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10th September Ordered LR White 18" wheels everything else stock Sydney-Chatswood

ETA changed from jan-march with everyone else to FEB 15 - March 22
24th January - eta changed FEB 14-March 21
25th January - Got sms saying model 3 assigned and im on PAGANELLA vessel,
26th January - This morning it changed to FEB 13 - March 20
29th January - This morning eta changed to FEB 4 - March 11
30th January - eta GONE. just says Estimated Delivery: TBD Delivery timing will be available soon in web account now.
30th January - Has changed to Estimated Delivery: February 16 - March 23
5th February 6:13pm - Got sms and email to schedule your model 3 delivery. Booked in for 24th Feb 10.30am (first day available to me) - Noted it said alexandria when i chose Chatswood
6th feb 9.42am - got an email titled "Take Delivery of Your Model 3 Sooner" - To fast-track your Model 3 delivery, your delivery location has been updated to our Alexandria Delivery Centre located at 15 Maddox Street, Alexandria.

Still no VIN

• Funny
Reactions: helio3
And the rest. 30 per hour maybe.
:) No. There are 500-ish cars affected by the shelf hole. These are the orders accumulated over the second half of the year from the whole Australia, and the ones which are already parked in inventory and available for delivery. So you would expect a similar demand. 30 per day is a huge overestimate.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Tony Soprano
:) No. There are 500-ish cars affected by the shelf hole. These are the orders accumulated over the second half of the year from the whole Australia, and the ones which are already parked in inventory and available for delivery. So you would expect a similar demand. 30 per day is a huge overestimate.
Constant adjustments are happening to literally everyone's Tesla orders though, not just the people caught up in the anchor point drama.

We saw a good 5-6 EDD changes for our Model Y order in the last few months.

Yeah I got a call from Tesla asking for payment, then called the leasing company who said they will 'try' settle today.. like why leave it until last minute when I was pushing for earlier settlement last week :rolleyes:
You should be right, mine took like a day or something. The delay was that the leasing company have to deal with the financier so they are a bit in the middle. Youd imagine they have all had a few boozy lunches together so will move it along

Reactions: AusMar and TE5L4
46k tesla cars sold last year in kangaroo land. Even if the demand is same that is 126 cars per day including weekends and holidays.

But then EV sales is going up day by day across all brands including hyper overrated cars from triassic gorillas like Benz.

Given the current situation and uneven demand graph per DC and uneven ease of moving cars from ports to these DC's you can do your math.

46k tesla cars sold last year in kangaroo land. Even if the demand is same that is 126 cars per day including weekends and holidays.

But then EV sales is going up day by day across all brands including hyper overrated cars from triassic gorillas like Benz.

Given the current situation and uneven demand graph per DC and uneven ease of moving cars from ports to these DC's you can do your math.
There are 9 delivery centres, which would make 14 cars per day per centre; taking into account weekends and holidays and some variability it would be probably about 20 a day. All deliveries are done manually, I don't think there is staff capacity in ADL for example to do more than 10-20 deliveries a day.

There are 9 delivery centres, which would make 14 cars per day per centre; taking into account weekends and holidays and some variability it would be probably about 20 a day. All deliveries are done manually, I don't think there is staff capacity in ADL for example to do more than 10-20 deliveries a day.
I think i recall the SA saying they had been doing about 12 a day, but they were waiting for cars to get shelves and transport at the time. Id say 20 is about right, unless they hire more people and move somewhere bigger.

I think i recall the SA saying they had been doing about 12 a day, but they were waiting for cars to get shelves and transport at the time. Id say 20 is about right, unless they hire more people and move somewhere bigger.
Probably big ones in Melbourne / Sydney do more. But again, 20 is an average, which includes MY, legacy M3 etc. So again, for M3H it will be a few a day. It is not eggs people are buying there, cars don't go in dozens.

Reactions: dronus
9 delivery centres with 3-4 delivery centres delivering 80% of that I think(I don't have any no's but I don't think 14/day/DC is anywhere realistic. I saw atleast half of that no. exiting my Dc in 40mins from my DC while I was just sitting in my car) . And the busiest of the delivery centres got atmost 12-15 staff including the mechanic/washing/cleaning/prep guys.

9 delivery centres with 3-4 delivery centres delivering 80% of that I think(I don't have any no's but I don't think 14/day/DC is anywhere realistic. I saw atleast half of that no. exiting my Dc in 40mins from my DC while I was just sitting in my car) . And the busiest of the delivery centres got atmost 12-15 staff including the mechanic/washing/cleaning/prep guys.
My scepticism suggests it is confirmation bias you observed there :)

I am happy with a Feb 29-Apr 5 range. It would be nice to have it sooner but to just have a guidance is better than nothing. Everyone upset over a slight change date have gotta simmer down. It’ll come soon enough.
Haven't seen too many people that rev'd up (no pun intended), just mild frustrations and people sharing info / trying to read between the lines on what to expect. In the grand scheme of things it's obviously not a big deal for most of us.

Reactions: Rosier and Jules22