Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10th September Ordered LR White 18" wheels everything else stock Sydney-Chatswood

ETA changed from jan-march with everyone else to FEB 15 - March 22
24th January - eta changed FEB 14-March 21
25th January - Got sms saying model 3 assigned and im on PAGANELLA vessel,
26th January - This morning it changed to FEB 13 - March 20
29th January - This morning eta changed to FEB 4 - March 11
30th January - eta GONE. just says Estimated Delivery: TBD Delivery timing will be available soon in web account now.

Still no VIN
Interesting. The same thing just happened to me. This morning was showing Feb 4th - March 11th. Checked just now 30/10/24 1:30PM, now showing TBD. I'm also a Chatswood pick-up. The last SMS I received was yesterday saying my car had arrived in Australia.

Hey All

As a first timer of Tesla, wondering what your views are on Sentry mode and minor dings/scratches at like shopping centre carparks etc

I'm always careful and park in space I feel are less likely to cause a ding/scratch, but still get the occasionally minor one here and there over years of driving.

Obviously since no sentry mode, I swear under my breath and move on

However with Tesla and sentry, and catching the person who did it on video, would you be bothered to constantly follow up on every minor tiny ding or scratch or just ignore it unless it was a big one?

Hey All

As a first timer of Tesla, wondering what your views are on Sentry mode and minor dings/scratches at like shopping centre carparks etc

I'm always careful and park in space I feel are less likely to cause a ding/scratch, but still get the occasionally minor one here and there over years of driving.

Obviously since no sentry mode, I swear under my breath and move on

However with Tesla and sentry, and catching the person who did it on video, would you be bothered to constantly follow up on every minor tiny ding or scratch or just ignore it unless it was a big one?
If someone hits my car and I can prove it’s them no matter how minor the damage, I will be tracking them down for payment, if they can’t take more care, then they pay for the repair or provide their insurance details !

Reactions: Mes1
I guess it depends, if it was very minor and unintentional I'd let it go most likely, cops probably won't be interested.

If it's intentional vandalism though, definitely, there have been several cases recently where they have caught up with the person and prosecuted them, and so they should for these low-lifes.

Reactions: MacTessy and Mes1
If someone hits my car and I can prove it’s them no matter how minor the damage, I will be tracking them down for payment, if they can’t take more care, then they pay for the repair or provide their insurance details !
I’ve had too many people who don’t give a sh*t to let anyone away with it, just to name a few, someone drove into my Mazda, (required a new door skin) and drove off, and had the same happen to the Wife’s Audi (new car) …. Makes my flesh crawl 🤨

Last edited:

but what if it happens regularly, I mean you gonna go through that effort for every single scratch? could be multiple times a week/month is what Im saying

I mean yeah I'd want to as well, but in the end would probably just drive me mad constantly checking and following up on each one

but what if it happens regularly, I mean you gonna go through that effort for every single scratch? could be multiple times a week/month is what Im saying

I mean yeah I'd want to as well, but in the end would probably just drive me mad constantly checking and following up on each one
I can’t drive around in a car with a dent in it, my OCD won’t let me 🫣! but if it was a minor scratch then I’d probably let it go

if someone drives into the car absolutely, I'm chasing after them every time.

My comment was more if someone accidentally opens a door up on the car and only leaves a very minor scratch, I wouldn't bother with that, but if they deliberately keyed it etc, then absolutlely

I can’t drive around in a car with a dent in it, my OCD won’t let me 🫣! but if it was a minor scratch then I’d probably let it go

haha fair enough, good to get insights from Tesla owners

Guess I was gauging in my question here at how crazy it would be to analyse and follow up on every minor ding/scratch caught on sentry.

Guess in the end its depends on how bad damage is, the intent, if could it buff out, and is it annoying enough/visible enough to pursue further with tracking down the person

Thanks all

Guess I was gauging in my question here at how crazy it would be to analyse and follow up on every minor ding/scratch caught on sentry.

Guess in the end its depends on how bad damage is, the intent, if could it buff out, and is it annoying enough/visible enough to pursue further with tracking down the person

Thanks all
Definitely try to park near other Teslas, that way you have multiple camera angles in case anything does happen

Reactions: MacTessy

Thanks all
Im already dreading parking in public carparks…