Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you folks are likely to need to use chargefox chargers and you want an RFID card as a backup to the app it might be a good idea to order one soon.
It costs about $10 but can take up to 30 days to get to you.
Just a suggestion :)
I used Evie card (used to be free) in Evie and ChargeFox. I just add the same card /card number in each app and it used to work on both system. I am not sure if it has changed in last 1-2 months. I sold my car so can’t test.

I ordered 2 EVIE card, registered those in both app(chargefox and evie), kept one in car and one in wallet. It was a good combo and was free!

Btw, any day I will pick Evie over ChargeFox. I have driven around 36k km in 1 year and charged in ChargeFox, Evie, AmpCharge, BP Pulse and Tesla Supercharger. Chargefox was the worst one and offers ton of pain!! With LFP batteries Tesla supercharger is the best due to preconditioning!

Bah The Don is soooo last year....

Beluga is where it's at - most recent location for those in the same boat

1704047175880.png

J/K I'm really excited for everyone and hopefully those who are still waiting will hear this week!

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
I used Evie card (used to be free) in Evie and ChargeFox. I just add the same card /card number in each app and it used to work on both system. I am not sure if it has changed in last 1-2 months. I sold my car so can’t test.

I ordered 2 EVIE card, registered those in both app(chargefox and evie), kept one in car and one in wallet. It was a good combo and was free!

Btw, any day I will pick Evie over ChargeFox. I have driven around 36k km in 1 year and charged in ChargeFox, Evie, AmpCharge, BP Pulse and Tesla Supercharger. Chargefox was the worst one and offers ton of pain!! With LFP batteries Tesla supercharger is the best due to preconditioning!
All good points but for those of us in SA chargefox is behind our main SA govt charging infrastructure so we will have to deal with it.
We only have a handfull of tesla superchargers so one of the manual preconditioning overrides might be handy here too

Reactions: hopeless
All good points but for those of us in SA chargefox is behind our main SA govt charging infrastructure so we will have to deal with it.
We only have a handfull of tesla superchargers so one of the manual preconditioning overrides might be handy here too
There is talk of the other charging networks being added to the in-car navigation, but only when they have proven a reasonable level of reliability, unfortunately that may be quite a hurdle for some.

Hopefully with some of these companies now signing on to re-brand Tesla superchargers we might see some of them deployed down here and really accelerate the rollout of reliable fast charging.

Reactions: dronus
There is talk of the other charging networks being added to the in-car navigation, but only when they have proven a reasonable level of reliability, unfortunately that may be quite a hurdle for some.

Hopefully with some of these companies now signing on to re-brand Tesla superchargers we might see some of them deployed down here and really accelerate the rollout of reliable fast charging.
It would be an awesome addition but at the same time i understand if they dont due to reliability,
I think the SA chargefox is fairly reliable from what i hear, certainly the most abundant alongside jolt in most council areas (not mine tho, their extensive research and analasys concluded that refuelling any car is the role of service stations and no one else around the country is sponsoring ev charging, plus they all blow up ete etc etc)

Reactions: Jules22
Bah The Don is soooo last year....

Beluga is where it's at - most recent location for those in the same boat

View attachment 1004562

J/K I'm really excited for everyone and hopefully those who are still waiting will hear this week!
I havent recieved the email saying my car is on any ship, i take it that comes when they do the rego and invoicing?
I forgot about that in the excitement of getting the vin and delivery update :)