Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesnt talk about what else was on the ship..
Yeah of course not.

Like the "recalls" for Tesla which was an OTA update to increase font size make front pages everywhere while a real Toyota recall of the same size for 12v batteries catching fire gets buried along with their subsidiary Dihatsu cheating on safety tests for 30 years..

Yeah of course not.

Like the "recalls" for Tesla which was an OTA update to increase font size make front pages everywhere while a real Toyota recall of the same size for 12v batteries catching fire gets buried along with their subsidiary Dihatsu cheating on safety tests for 30 years..
The sad thing is now all the knuckleheads will see that story, and in true brainwashed pack mentality take it as gospel, using it to validate their closed mindsets. The MSM are not doing themselves any long term favors when/if people work it out.
The toyota one is a classic, and VW.

Lots of cookie collecting adverts on the bottom of that story too…

On another note, I'm out looking for Type 2 Cable for charging. Any advice on cable the length (3m, 5m or 7m) and capacity (single phase or three phase) would be of great help.

My order is RWD/SR. I believe there's a difference in charging speed between SR / LR.

Feel free to drop value for money links / brands as well. Thank you! :)

On another note, I'm out looking for Type 2 Cable for charging. Any advice on cable the length (3m, 5m or 7m) and capacity (single phase or three phase) would be of great help.

My order is RWD/SR. I believe there's a difference in charging speed between SR / LR.

I think i got the evse one. Really good quality. 3 phase and probably 5m i think

Reactions: Nirman Kesari

Jolter Type 2 Charging Cable I got this one

I’ve heard EVSE and Jet Charge are also reputable brands. Make sure they meet Aus standards (I’ve heard of some from Amazon and Ali baba failing basic safety testing).

I got 22kW (3 phase) and 5m. 22kW / 3 phase ensures you maximise compatibility with the array of type 2 public chargers out there, even though M3 can only charge at 11kW max on AC power.

Last edited:
Yeah there were sooo many white. I can’t talk though. One was mine.

Indicators? So easy to get used to. As is the park forward and reverse. The Standard range is incredibly fast (though not quite the changing the air cabin pressure fast of the Model Y Performance). But plenty fast for me. Really sharp and instant acceleration.

I wasn’t getting charging through my quad lock for iPhone in the Model Y. I am in the Mode 3. They must have improved its charging ability. Great!

Today was so hot in Brisbane, and so those ventilated seats were oh so much better than I could have imagined.

Two things to note. The rear screen is set to 100% brightness, and gets really hot. Go into it’s settings and change brightness to 0% (you can still see it). And there is the under-seat vents like the Model Y that swallowed my partner’s lipstick and required a service to remove it. I’m going to put some stocking over it and look to order something more permanent from Ali express or somewhere.

You will all love it when you get yours. Hope it’s soon for everyone!

Indicators? So easy to get used to. As is the park forward and reverse. The Standard range is incredibly fast (though not quite the changing the air cabin pressure fast of the Model Y Performance). But plenty fast for me. Really sharp and instant acceleration.

I wasn’t getting charging through my quad lock for iPhone in the Model Y. I am in the Mode 3. They must have improved its charging ability. Great!

Today was so hot in Brisbane, and so those ventilated seats were oh so much better than I could have imagined.

Two things to note. The rear screen is set to 100% brightness, and gets really hot. Go into it’s settings and change brightness to 0% (you can still see it). And there is the under-seat vents like the Model Y that swallowed my partner’s lipstick and required a service to remove it. I’m going to put some stocking over it and look to order something more permanent from Ali express or somewhere.

Me and my swampy bum are jealous of you with your vented seats.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus

Awesome!

I think there is a DRAT for the lipstick swallowing vents that everyone mocked me for buying. Pretty cheap on aliexpress but make sure you get thd highland version.

IMG_7398.jpeg

Reactions: Nirman Kesari
Is Ali express stuff any good?
I’m trying to not start part shopping, but think I might need to soon
It depends.
Do your research on vendors, reviews etc.
there are some vendors producing excellent quality parts, some shops are specific to teslas and some featuring highland specific. They seem to have highlands to test with.
Some ither stuff is rubbish.
Some stuff can be about the same as AU vendors too, but they probably get it from ali haha.
I buy anything safety or electrical from local vendors though.
When i get home in a few days ill do a spreadsheet to share with reviews, costs snd vendors etc

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Just look for the DRATs? Safe to assume research was already done on these?
To some extent, most of the stuff i posted i bought so i can have a closer look if u need. Lots of stuff i posted but before i knew it was getting out of control and it was posted adhoc haha.

I guess i could start a thread for highland specific accessories where we can share ideas snd also get some feedback from some of the forum supporting vendors too :)

Something i havent seen the answer for, and it seems to be changing..

When people say “they got a vin” how were they made aware?
SMS? Email? Manuslly Checked the app or webpage?

Just wanted to confirm how people (especially those not obsessed with all the different ways) found out and brought them here.

Reactions: Tesl3on
Something i havent seen the answer for, and it seems to be changing..

When people say “they got a vin” how were they made aware?
SMS? Email? Manuslly Checked the app or webpage?

Just wanted to confirm how people (especially those not obsessed with all the different ways) found out and brought them here.
Apparently should be in the app or on the Tesla site (either visible or the old API/page source trick).

For me though, I got the "it's on BA" email, but had to get the VIN by replying to Tesla's notification SMS.

Reactions: dronus