Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just my luck, flat tire and in a spot that is not repairable so I will be out of pocket for this one 😥 .. Telsa Roadside is quick though and I am currently waiting for them to pick up this wheel to take back to the service center and give me a loaner for the time being.

IMG_20240220_144224.jpg
IMG_20240220_144246.jpg

Did you manage to install the sill protectors? Would appreciate a brief description of the effort needed as mine arrive later today. (Model Y)
Mine arrived in Adelaide today but i wont get to try them until next week maybe.
Coukd really do with them here tho as some of the people im taking on rides seem to be only focussed on their 20 mins in it hahaga

I wonder what, if any impact windscreen sunshades have on stealth mode (I have a Haloblk umbrella-style one on order and no car, yet). Where do all these video shots of people approaching a Tesla (before keying it the a__wipes) come from? From up in the mirror unit that would be blocked by a sunshade?

Anybody know?

I wonder what, if any impact windscreen sunshades have on stealth mode (I have a Haloblk umbrella-style one on order and no car, yet). Where do all these video shots of people approaching a Tesla (before keying it the a__wipes) come from? From up in the mirror unit that would be blocked by a sunshade?

Anybody know?
The cameras are hard against the windscreen and dont affect sentry mode cameras

Reactions: TM3RWD
Just my luck, flat tire and in a spot that is not repairable so I will be out of pocket for this one 😥 .. Telsa Roadside is quick though and I am currently waiting for them to pick up this wheel to take back to the service center and give me a loaner for the time being.

View attachment 1020017View attachment 1020018
Ohhh... what is that stuff a nail? ohh a silly stone puncturing the mightly tyre... never seen before... Edge punctures are not repairable??

Not sure how many here have little kids but I installed the Britax Safe N Sound Graphene EA today (successor to the older Graphene that was discontinued in 2023). It fits comfortably and was fairly straight forward to install using the ISOFIX points. I don't think you would be able to install 3 of them in the back (a sore point for this forum I know). I bought a seat cover from Tessories and I'd recommend anyone installing a car seat do the same to protect the vinyl from scratches.

My wife has told me the Graphene is the most recommended car seat in her Facebook mums group, and reviews on Reddit tend to agree. My parents have whatever the standard Kmart carseat is and it feels much cheaper than the Graphene. I've also read that the Graphene is much higher quality than the cheaper Britax carseats but I can't verify that.

Currently priced at $470 at Baby Bunting. AFAIK all carseats sold in Australia have to meet minimum safety standards, and apparently Australia has the strictest carseat standards in the world. So I suppose you could probably get away with a cheaper model, but at least for us, carseats aren't the area you want to try to save a buck on.

hey guys thinking of putting in a gen 3 wall connector for faster 11kw charging (3 phase at home), electrician quoted me $800, is that a good price?

Ive got a double storey, he needs to run approx 15 to 20m of cable from box to garage.

I dont necessarily NEED the fast charger but want it for peace of mind so if I need to juice the car during my OVO window I can free of charge or at 8c/kwh instead of taking 24 hours currently to go from like 30% to 100%

Reactions: dronus
hey guys thinking of putting in a gen 3 wall connector for faster 11kw charging (3 phase at home), electrician quoted me $800, is that a good price?

Ive got a double storey, he needs to run approx 15 to 20m of cable from box to garage.

I dont necessarily NEED the fast charger but want it for peace of mind so if I need to juice the car during my OVO window I can free of charge or at 8c/kwh instead of taking 24 hours currently to go from like 30% to 100%
Definately more convenient and faster than umc. Imo as its fixed its less likely to get damaged by constant use and moving around etc.
People will hate on it because the UMC serves the purpose, but having the wall connector is going to be pretty handy for you for your reasons above.
Plus, it links to your tesla app so you can control and monitor it from there.
I have one but only on single phase as my house doesnt have 3 phase.

Reactions: cafz and Mes1
Definately more convenient and faster than umc. Imo as its fixed its less likely to get damaged by constant use and moving around etc.
People will hate on it because the UMC serves the purpose, but having the wall connector is going to be pretty handy for you for your reasons above.
Plus, it links to your tesla app so you can control and monitor it from there.
I have one but only on single phase as my house doesnt have 3 phase.
thanks man

yah its like $1600 all up with connector and install which is a great as its only one off and long term will benefit, but an unexpected high upfront cost the minister of finance (wife) does not like haha.... and its more of a want now than a need considering I don't drive more than 200kms a week

But def when I can conjure up some spare funds ill get it, as makes sense not to worry about when to charge, can ease range anxiety more, if for example I haven't charged all week and want a quick top up overnight to 100%, can use app to control and finish charging 5-7x faster

Reactions: dronus
thanks man

yah its like $1600 all up with connector and install which is a great as its only one off and long term will benefit, but an unexpected high upfront cost the minister of finance (wife) does not like haha.... and its more of a want now than a need considering I don't drive more than 200kms a week

But def when I can conjure up some spare funds ill get it, as makes sense not to worry about when to charge, can ease range anxiety more, if for example I haven't charged all week and want a quick top up overnight to 100%, can use app to control and finish charging 5-7x faster
I guess if you have time you can shop around for sparkies but yeah put it on the wish list :)