Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same question and was convinced here that buying local imported from China is better than just imported from China. I agree with it, because there is a resistor, which may be soldered in many different ways so it breaks off. Here is a video:
That is applicable only for cable attached to a charger. detachable cables usually connects those lines from male-to-female.

Interesting. How do the appliances know what current is supported by a cable?
Didn't see a type-2 to type-2 cable which is rated less than 22kw (3-phase and 32amps) which is the max for AC charging in CCS type 2 mode. And I think that is the reason why type-2 -to type-2 cables costs this much and some single phase charger with attached 5M cables costs almost same or even less then these detacheable cables.

Also please note that the max AC charging possible with tesla Model 3 is 11kw(3 phase with 16amps).

Last edited:
Didn't see a type-2 to type-2 cable which is rated less than 22kw (3-phase and 32amps) which is the max for AC charging in CCS type 2 mode. And I think that is the reason why type-2 -to type-2 cables costs this much and some single phase charger with attached 5M cables costs almost same or even less then these detacheable cables.

Also please note that the max AC charging possible with tesla Model 3 is 11kw(3 phase with 16amps).
Aliexpress sells cables with a variety of currents. There must be something to tell the charger about which current is allowed.

@Murphster how's the plastidip holding up?
Really well. They look the same as they did when I first sprayed them, even after a couple of washes.

I did remember I bought some real letters for the rear from Ali Express, and was looking to put them on last week, but when I opened them I realised they were plastic, and no better than what I already had with the Plastidip.

I think the only thing I am swapping them for is black chrome ones, when I find a set for front and rear.

Reactions: edy80y and dronus
I had a prompt to upgrade my key while walking around officeworks.

Location is irrelevant but included it as my location in Victoria have me the other update haha.

Make sure your tesla app is up to date by manually searching for and selecting it in the app store

Mine now say UWB or i can change it back to bluetooth
damn iphones having all the UWB fun haha, hope it supports androids soon!

Matte screen protectors work well (watching netflix while charging)

IMG_9194.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: jeevas123
Here's a 7kW cable from a local supplier:

For the sake of $20, wouldn’t you go for the 22Kw version that allows a Model 3 or Y to charge at 11Kw?

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
For the sake of $20, wouldn’t you go for the 22Kw version that allows a Model 3 or Y to charge at 11Kw?
yes 100% go for 22kw ones, which will enable 7kw from single phase and 11kw from 3-phase, the max rated for M3 and MY and maybe your friend with some other car which supports 22kw can borrow your cable too.

But then you can get the same cable for almost half the price from ebay and their shipping is lightning fast with very nice packaging. So I don't see any reason why you should spend more.

Last edited:
I had a prompt to upgrade my key while walking around officeworks.

Location is irrelevant but included it as my location in Victoria have me the other update haha.

Make sure your tesla app is up to date by manually searching for and selecting it in the app store

Mine now say UWB or i can change it back to bluetooth
Weird. I’ve had no update pop up for the upgrade. Not sure what I can do but wait I guess. Where does is say UWB?

Reactions: jeevas123