Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 10 with our vehicle too. Just back from Front end PPF.
View attachment 752217
Note: image is with 19" RTX rims with Viking Snows (no sound dampening). They are specially balance d to minimize noise and tbh are fantastic. What noise? :)

Since I curb Rashed an OEM 20" rim, I have embraced my inner teenager and installed colored wheelbands. So easy to install and now ready for next spring. The green insert can easily be swapped out for a black or other colour. I have black in case my wife rejects teenage me. Haha
View attachment 752220

I've already mentioned thoughts on a great deal of topics on here. The vehicle is amazing. FSD from ramp to ramp is actually waaay better than I could have imagined. (Dbl tap right stalk plus selecting the map auto drive button does this)
On ramping off the highway FSD with mapping disengages and leaves you in FSD no mapping.

As a big heads up:
If you park your car very near your house, it's possible the Bluetooth on your phone may not let your vehicle sleep. After minimizing phantom drain, last night I still lost 4% battery in 7 hours due to what I can only imagine is the vehicle being woke up everytime I or my wife's Phone gets too close to the vehicle while in our house.

May get a fob to address this issue.

Anyway... you're all going to love your vehicle when they arrive.
Congrats! I love those green wheel bands

Reactions: Oddmanout
As a big heads up:
If you park your car very near your house, it's possible the Bluetooth on your phone may not let your vehicle sleep. After minimizing phantom drain, last night I still lost 4% battery in 7 hours due to what I can only imagine is the vehicle being woke up everytime I or my wife's Phone gets too close to the vehicle while in our house.

May get a fob to address this issue.

Interesting. I have an attached garage (and I am sure a lot of people here do) I would expect to actually be in BlueTooth range most of the time the car is in the garage, especially when I am in my Office, which is above the garage. Need to find a way to prevent this, without a FOB.

Interesting. I have an attached garage (and I am sure a lot of people here do) I would expect to actually be in BlueTooth range most of the time the car is in the garage, especially when I am in my Office, which is above the garage. Need to find a way to prevent this, without a FOB.
Is this for real? I’m also very close to garage at all times.

Is this for real? I’m also very close to garage at all times.
Phantom drain is very real
Causes:
-overheat protection
-sentry mode.
-Opening the app often. It wakes vehicle. (Didn't open app all night purposely)
-bluetooth connect and disconnect.
-cold temperatures. (Note my 4% (23ish km) drain occurred as temps went from 0C to 4C. Not the culprit.
-third party apps. I had Tezlab. Removed it and drain slowed. 2% less drain a night.

Android widget shouldn't be an issue. It identifies last time car was pinged and isn't often and is based on user input.

When phone is connected it doesn't let the car deep sleep.

There are many discussions on this. If anyone finds solutions let me know!

Reactions: xSCMx
Well I’ve officially entered into my third time in my EDD window, and I’m 154 days in.

Attachments

• 0A93D736-DC95-4375-A4C7-B20260577DAA.gif
    0A93D736-DC95-4375-A4C7-B20260577DAA.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
And no changes since entering the window this time? I have to say, 154 days is really, really wild. Anyone waiting longer?
I’m sure if you had the option you’d gladly go to Fremont to get it!
The previous times I entered my window It only lasted a day before it changed. I’m hoping I get lucky this time because damn! Just damn.

Fremont? I’d be on the next flight to Texas too if they told me my car was ready lol.

View attachment 752100
Are we sure none of the 3 modes better or worsen Regen?

According to the menu Hold does maximize range by using more Regen.
Hoping this isn't a lie.
Unless they just added that, the description never used to be there. From what I know, those are just the types of regen stopping modes. So hold, keeps your car at a standstill when it stops while roll and creep mimic an ICE car. But they could have changed it with the last update!

Lol. It’s my fourth time and I think I’m somewhere between 154-157 days in. Feeling just a tiny bit on edge.
Meanwhile Oct MYLRs are reporting VINs. Tesla's order to delivery process makes no sense whatsoever.

To avoid feeling too upset I drop in the June and July groups. When I feel bitter though I check into all the others ones after us (sept-dec). I think some do that too since I see some of you in there too 😂 I’m at 140 today so guess which I’ll be checking in?
I haven't seen much activity in the June/July groups lately. I too, ordered in July and changed my order in August before realizing that essentially reset me. I've also used the "check the older month threads to maintain my sanity".