Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio settings - equalizer settings the same regardless of source

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? I setup my equalizer (sub, bass, mid, and highs) a certain way for the radio. But when I switched to my phone's BT, it seems that the settings were the same. When I adjusted it and went back to the radio, it was the same. So we can't have different EQ settings depending on the source?

Also, is it true that the last stereo source playing remains the same regardless of who's driving? I.e. - my wife used the car and she typically plays a certain radio station while I listen to a different one. When I got into the car, it was showing her radio station and not mine. So the radio is also not tied to the user? If that's the case, is there a list of what settings are tied to the user?

Are you and your wife using different car profiles, and are those profiles linked to your separate keys (whether those are phone keys, fobs, or keycards)?

You need to link the key to a profile for the settings to save (and each need to be using a different profile).

My wife and I have two Teslas, both have our own profiles and use different phone keys, and my spotify station follows me between our two cars (even the song thats playing in one plays in the other, if I switch cars).

I cant answer the EQ setting question because I let the system change that. I am a home theater audiophile, but not for music, for movies and gaming audio. I dont care too much about music settings, and streaming music is just fine for me in the car, so I dont mess with the eq settings etc.

Conversely, I spent more than an hour crawling around my family room floor while using a specific method to determine optimum placement for both my subwoofers for my home theater system, lol.

Reactions: Skavatar
Each of our profiles is linked to our cell phone = we're different users. So if she's playing radio station B, gets out and locks the car and then I come in, the station is set at B where she left it vs. A which was the last station that I was listening to prior to her using the car.

Spotify-wise, yes, the stations travel correctly as you say. BUT, if you were listening to song A, get out and lock the door, have your wife come in and play her music, when you return does it still play song A where you left off?