Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta Supercharge Map Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All those new locations in Metro Atlanta are to be at Target stores based on a program Target announced in April. Can’t find any information on when they’ll come to Georgia ..... (as of April, only 18 stores had been done anywhere)

All those new locations in Metro Atlanta are to be at Target stores based on a program Target announced in April. Can’t find any information on when they’ll come to Georgia ..... (as of April, only 18 stores had been done anywhere)
Interesting since Tesla has a SC listed as coming to Cumberland and the newest Target is actually in Smyrna.

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 7.13.33 PM.png

Interesting since Tesla has a SC listed as coming to Cumberland and the newest Target is actually in Smyrna.
I did notice that the Map indicator for Sandy Springs, Georgia is not at a place where any Target store exists. My guess is that someone just typed the city names into a program that gives them the general GPS location for that city. If/when a SC get installed, they'll have the exact GPS.

I did notice that the Map indicator for Sandy Springs, Georgia is not at a place where any Target store exists. My guess is that someone just typed the city names into a program that gives them the general GPS location for that city. If/when a SC get installed, they'll have the exact GPS.
Same with Virginia Highlands, College Park and Forest Park, no Targets in those city boundaries. Here is a store locations list at Target to compare against the map. They may have locations other than Targets in mind for some of them.

Ok, so I may have misread the word “Target” to mean Target stores....these may just be “targeted” locations. Though Target stores do have an EV charger deployment program (which may include Superchargers)

Those markers on the map are not representing exact locations because the Virginia Higlands marker is in the middle of a residential neighborhood. I think it’s best not to get your hopes up until they actually start building something!

That said, Lenox Mall is looking at about 25 chargers in two spots opening possiblly as soon as a few weeks (and it’s not even on the map as “coming soon”)

Yes... elsewhere on the website it uses language that says "Target opening date to be confirmed" so that didn't mean Target store locations (though some could be)
Here is some good info. Electrify America is building in Walmart and Target locations and looks like some ChargePoint and Tesla SC are going into Targets. Also love the title wording since it correlates nicely to you post.;)

Target targets 600 EV chargers in 2 years

Reactions: Thunder7ga
Just thought I would give a worthless update/rant. I live and run in Cumberland and as of today (over 1 year later) I see zero evidence of the imminent Supercharger. "Target Opening in 2019" and it is about time to do the yearly rollover and change to 2020.o_O:mad:

However now I pull up to almost any red light and see at least 1 other Model 3 (or S/X). Come on Tesla, Atlanta is a HUGE market for you. Show GA a little more SC love and complete a few of the "proposed' SC sites.

Just a little rant. In the Tesla app it indicates that Atlanta is the LARGEST Tesla US market outside of Calf. Seems that for that size we get a short end deal on number of SC sits in the state.

View attachment 415706

1) Might a function of mileage: Long commutes and lots of road trips

2) Pretty much everyone here charges at home, so local Superchargers are primarily for people driving through

3) In light of (1) and (2), I'd much rather Tesla added more Superchargers along the major routes
- Where's Metter on I-16... that's been promised since 2014 (?). The lack of it makes Macan-Savannah marginal for SR+
- Need another Supercharger between Macon and the Florida line to take the pressure off Tifton, GA
- Savannah situation needs to be improved, for I-95 routes and for people going there
- Charleston situation needs to be resolved... Even worse than Savannah
- How about adding one in Cartersville for for people routing up and down I-75, which would also take pressure off Chattanooga. That'd make more sense than at Cumberland Mall.
- The I-40 gap in Arkansas may seem a long way away, but forces us all down to I-20 when heading West and that can be inconvenient.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
1) Might a function of mileage: Long commutes and lots of road trips

2) Pretty much everyone here charges at home, so local Superchargers are primarily for people driving through

3) In light of (1) and (2), I'd much rather Tesla added more Superchargers along the major routes
- Where's Metter on I-16... that's been promised since 2014 (?). The lack of it makes Macan-Savannah marginal for SR+
- Need another Supercharger between Macon and the Florida line to take the pressure off Tifton, GA
- Savannah situation needs to be improved, for I-95 routes and for people going there
- Charleston situation needs to be resolved... Even worse than Savannah
- How about adding one in Cartersville for for people routing up and down I-75, which would also take pressure off Chattanooga. That'd make more sense than at Cumberland Mall.
- The I-40 gap in Arkansas may seem a long way away, but forces us all down to I-20 when heading West and that can be inconvenient.
Yes they are all important especially I-16 that has been on the "this year's" list for at least 3 years. Also part of having more local SCs is people who have never owned an EV don't understand. They feel the NEED of knowing a "gas" station near before they buy. They can't comprehend until AFTER they have owned.

Has anyone been to the Savannah supercharger since July 18th? On that day, the entire supercharger site was at 1/4 capacity, the site was backed up because charge rates were terrible. It took me 52mins to get from 10% to 37% charge, thankfully I only needed about 60 miles of range. I am hoping the Metter site actually happens soon and crossing my fingers for v3!