Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a slightly more serious note with regard to your first point about people digging in on a position...

My current theory (I haven't spent nearly as much time thinking about this one) is that this behavior typically appears on complex subjects with many variables. They don't have to have great meaning, just many aspects to consider. People are bad at making decisions when there are more than about 4 variables. So, for example, smartphone operating systems - there's the UI, development interfaces, available hardware, pricing, distribution schemes, performance, security, default ties to other ecosystems, available apps, etc. Just too many things to consider. So rather than consider the various attributes and note some are best done by OS1 and some are done best by OS2...they instead make an emotional attachment to one. Once the arguing is based on emotion rather than logic...well, that's when you fanbois can just shut up, because MY system is so much better. Why can't you see the obvious truth?

Government? Environment? Economics? Cars (regardless of propulsion)? All very complex. Most people are rational and can see good and bad aspects to any solution, but the people that get emotionally attached to a particular one are the ones that feel the greatest need to be vocal, because they KNOW they are right. Not many people are that way, but we sure hear a lot from them. And their solutions are repetitive and very simple. Always buy an iPhone, or a Ford. Just get the government out. Or just have the government take control of those greedy corporations. Either way, THAT will fix all the problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: dc_h
And as for your second point about anonymity...I recently said this in another thread, but in addition to the Opinionated One being less civil because they feel anonymous, part of the problem is that the audience is anonymous - they are not giving immediate disapproving feedback to boorish behavior, so it is more likely to continue. Again, not from everybody, this is likely only a small percentage of people - but the ones that are more likely to behave boorishly without immediate feedback that they shouldn't are the ones that, well, favor the internet with much boorish behavior.

People that are convinced they have the correct opinion, don't realize when they are boorish (uh-oh, I've been going on about this for a while, am I getting...?), and can't figure out why there are so many dolts out there that can't see the obvious truth may eventually get tired of trying to explain things "rationally" and decide, hey, I'll lie to get my point across, because that is the only way these people will understand. Ta-da, now you have a fictional article about Tesla. See, I am trying to stay on topic.

At first I was disappointed to see that the forum software doesn't string my replies together like the old one did. But hey, this is kind of fun, talking to myself on the internet...

Last edited:
Confirmation bias is real. It takes a lot to avoid falling into it myself on many, many things. I suspect that is largely what is happening with EVs and we are still working to overcome that notion that EVs are just hobbled vehicles made for people who want to feel good about themselves and their impact on the environment... which doesn't really matter, after all, Al Gore said the Ice Caps would be gone in 2015 and see how that turned out?

So yeah, it can be difficult to get people to see through this line of thinking and over come years of confirmation bias and training of one line of thinking to turn around to another position.

You can go online and post that you like kittens, puppies and freshly baked bread and there will be a population diametrically apposed to your position who will say you are a terrible person. Not a LOT but they will find you. This is what is going on with the haters. It is a small number of people.

What could be better - combine two morons with anti-Tesla chips on their shoulders in a video! Corey Johnson and Edward Niedermeyer, together at last!

Tesla Model 3 to Unveil for $35K

I watched this after the Model 3 unveil, and love how so many of their statements have already been contradicted. Then of course there are Ed's "facts" that he just pulls out of the air - e.g. that 80% of Model S cars have had their drive units replaced...

I watched this after the Model 3 unveil, and love how so many of their statements have already been contradicted. Then of course there are Ed's "facts" that he just pulls out of the air - e.g. that 80% of Model S cars have had their drive units replaced...

That idiot also said that Model 3 costs $37,500, and that Tesla is counting on the $7,500 incentive to bring the cost down to $30,000. He can't distinguish between the Model 3 and the Chevy Bolt.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
You can go online and post that you like kittens, puppies and freshly baked bread and there will be a population diametrically apposed to your position who will say you are a terrible person. Not a LOT but they will find you.

Cats are not native to North America, and are an invasive species. They are cruel creatures who hunt and kill for fun. As a result, if they are ever let outdoors, they cause terrible ecological damage by massacring songbirds and small mammals. Most cats hate being petted and tolerate humans only because humans are automatic feeding machines; they treat you with disdain. Kittens are the same, except that they represent the spread and replication of this dangerous and psychopathic invasive species.

(This is all true, by the way.)

So, you like kittens? You horrible shallow person who hates the environment! :p ;)

Moving this post from technical thread not sure about my cut and paste.
Credit familial rhino for initial post.

This LA Times article manages to spew more methane than the recently sealed Aliso Canyon leak.
Strange that the LA Times would have such an overwhelming negative bias against the second largest private sector employer after Disney and the fastest growing major employer. Their disdain for Elon is worse than Cory Johnson and seems like a well funded more articulate Serking Alpha. Inconsistent use of facts, questioning AP as if it didn't already exist and noting the "huge" GM response to the EV market, apparently making Tesla irrelevant or unneeded.
What's up LA Times? Why do you hate the states most important manufacturing and engineering employer?

• Informative
Reactions: EnergyMax