Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

are cars coming with type 2 cable and granny chargeras still?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged next to a Model Y last week & the blue Mennekes cable looked very short, it only just stretched across the boot to the (far side) charge port from a Pod Point & nobody could have walked between them.

On the other hand, the Mennekes I was supplied with is something like 5m or more. I've never measured it but whenever it's been used in a similar arrangement there are multiple coils still laying on the ground & on one occasion it easily went past an ICE car blocking the charger bay even though the charge port was on the furthest side of the Tesla.

Reactions: debrooker
I charged next to a Model Y last week & the blue Mennekes cable looked very short, it only just stretched across the boot to the (far side) charge port from a Pod Point & nobody could have walked between them.

On the other hand, the Mennekes I was supplied with is something like 5m or more. I've never measured it but whenever it's been used in a similar arrangement there are multiple coils still laying on the ground & on one occasion it easily went past an ICE car blocking the charger bay even though the charge port was on the furthest side of the Tesla.
Mine came with a black type 2, it’s defo 5m

My new one from June 2022 is also 5m, definitely longer than the one I got in 2019. It's not Mennekes.

Mobile Connector also provided, but with 3 pin only rather than also including a blue 16A (which I never used).

I got a blue Mennekes cable with the Y that I collected about a month ago, it must be about 7m long as I can park in the drive facing the house and plug into the charger on the wall with plenty of slack. There is a granny charger too, not that I’ve used it yet.