Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received their refreshed Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a car due to start production at the end of this month, I'm hoping they run out of the old parts quickly! :)

They added another 20 or so new (50 miles) model s to the inventory list today. I am assuming these are pre-refresh models since the pics are of the older model and fully priced at the old price. I am also assuming they'll keep building and adding to the inventory list until some old parts (front?) are gone.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mark Z
@MarkZ
Understeer or oversteer? What is the driver's preference? Both are great options in a Tesla! I tend to look past all the drag racing stuff and look hard into the handling aspects. The + staggered tires and performance suspension are a lot of fun. That was only available on the early Ds.

@MarkZ
Understeer or oversteer? What is the driver's preference? Both are great options in a Tesla! I tend to look past all the drag racing stuff and look hard into the handling aspects. The + staggered tires and performance suspension are a lot of fun. That was only available on the early Ds.
My P85 S Signature wasn't a + model and I have since mounted 19" wheels so it doesn't handle 0 to 20 as well at full pedal. More tire spin and less control. For regular driving with the always present performance power the P85 continues to provide excellent acceleration. Allowing some tire movement before rapid acceleration helps and is safer while looking left and right before darting across the intersection from a standing start.

Sport mode in P90DL Model X is a touch sluggish during 0 to 40 acceleration compared with the P85 S, most likely due to the weight of the vehicle. I have to shift to Ludicrous in Model X for that extra boost. It would be better to have Sport/Performance/Ludicrous selections for power.

Delivery = May 18 for my 70D!! Sounds like I might be one of the first to get a refreshed version (at least of those who are active on TMC?)

The order was placed pre price increase (confirmed on April 9). I am under zero illusions that the AP Hardware will be there but I am REALLY hoping that it is pre-wired so that it can be easily upgraded in the future.

VIN = 1391XX

Delivery = May 18 for my 70D!! Sounds like I might be one of the first to get a refreshed version (at least of those who are active on TMC?)

The order was placed pre price increase (confirmed on April 9). I am under zero illusions that the AP Hardware will be there but I am REALLY hoping that it is pre-wired so that it can be easily upgraded in the future.

VIN = 1391XX
I think you will beat me then. My DS emails me almost everyday with a status update. The one from today said they are targeting May 25th.

From my DS:
I wanted to give you a quick update and let you know the train carrying your Model S is currently located on the New Mexico – Texas border which is essentially the halfway point between California and Illinois.

That's fine though. I have chemo that week and won't be able to pick it up until later in the week. I had mentioned it before as well, but they want us to come in after hours to pick it up because they have a special surprise for our son. No idea what it is, but they seem to be making a big deal out of our situation. So they are hoping for a Friday/Saturday night pickup.

VIN=1403xx

VIN = 1391XX
Just like you if mine is pre wired since they have the requirements it will be a plus

I think you will beat me then. My DS emails me almost everyday with a status update. The one from today said they are targeting May 25th.

From my DS:

That's fine though. I have chemo that week and won't be able to pick it up until later in the week. I had mentioned it before as well, but they want us to come in after hours to pick it up because they have a special surprise for our son. No idea what it is, but they seem to be making a big deal out of our situation. So they are hoping for a Friday/Saturday night pickup.

VIN=1403xx
Depending on who old you son is maybe this?

Tesla Motors on Twitter

I made a visit to Stanford Mall, they finally have the refreshed S. It was almost my exact configuration - I wish I could have driven it home. Oh .. the endless wait .. .. !!

IMG_20160514_163252.jpg
IMG_20160514_161424.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160514_161424.jpg
    IMG_20160514_161424.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 48