Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received their refreshed Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah. I agree, I worry that there may be a period of 3-5 months where as old parts run out, new ones are brought in. I think that is primarily holding back the seats and 100KwH battery.

We will see. Since I don't have the cash to upgrade, I'll just enjoy some popcorn and a hoppy beverage!

With a car due to start production at the end of this month, I'm hoping they run out of the old parts quickly! :)

Reactions: zambono
Since your location says Colorado, did you go to the Park Meadows Mall showroom? I stopped by on Saturday and they didn't have a refreshed S in the store at that time. Only a pre-refresh S and an X.

Thanks Erik

No, I'm in Los Angeles this week for work where Tesla's are a dime a dozen it seems.
I haven't been to Park Meadows. It's a bit of a trip for me to get to Denver.

I told you it was a stupid question! It didn't even cross my mind that the two outside cars were X's. Wow, I didn't realize there was such a difference in size! The MS looks like a shrimp next to them. It doesn't even look like they're based on the same chassis.

Still grinning, but now it's a sheepish grin... :)

It the refreshed S had the Big Sky windshield, it would be extremely tempting to own.

The big sky windshield on the X is one of the difficult parts of the car. It's very difficult and expensive to make. The support structure for the roof on the Model S won't allow a windshield to go up any further than it goes now. It would be an expensive redesign to allow the bigger windshield on the S.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark Z
The advisor I spoke with implied there were other items aside from the obvious cosmetic ones, but, wouldn't or couldn't get specific when I pressed for details. I guess as the new cars get out into the wild, we'll find out what they might be.

I was working with Levi to place my order, great guy and very knowlegable. He wasnt specific about the facelift deatils other than what we already know, but he said that there are 300+ changes in the facelift.

Given the apparent recent leak of the Tesla schematic with additional AP cameras, it's going to be very interesting to see if AP 2.0 hardware is what is being hinted at here, although if it is on these refreshed cars, I doubt any of the service advisors have been told about it.

New Tesla Model S Has 2nd Triple Cam For Autopilot & Pedestrian Noise Unit (CleanTechnica Exclusive)

With a car due to start production at the end of this month, I'm hoping they run out of the old parts quickly! :)

Regardless, it doesn't take long at all for Tesla to introduce new things right after you drive off the lot. You'll soon learn that you just bought something more akin to a smartphone than a car. But don't worry about it, the car never gets any less fun to drive, and I still really look forward every day to getting in my 2014 non-AP "classic" car as I did over two years ago when I got it.

Last edited:
Regardless, it doesn't take long at all for Tesla to introduce new things right after you drive off the lot. You'll soon learn that you just bought something more akin to a smartphone than a car. But don't worry about it, the car never gets any less fun to drive, and I still really look forward every day to getting in my 2014 non-AP "classic" car as I did over two years ago when I got it.

I can live without a lot of the things hinted at. AP 1.0 is pretty good and if I don't get the hardware for 2.0, it isn't the end of the world. I expect that it will be a while until they release software to support the 2.0 hardware, even if the hardware is coming out soon. It's also possible they will release an AP upgrade kit for cars delivered with 1.0 hardware (they may have planned upgradability from the start).

I hear the cloth seats for the Model X are a little nicer than those for the S and it would be nice, but I can live without them. It would also be nice to have upgraded door panels with better storage, but I can live without it. The refresh does have a standard console, which is nice.

About the only thing that I would really want is a larger battery. The extra 40 miles or so range the 100 KWh pack would provide would help when we have to go down to California. The spacing of the superchargers through Oregon is not ideal. From the range estimator on the Tesla site, the Grants Pass, OR SC is just a little out of range on one charge. It's 270 miles from here, and driving 70 MPH, temperature 90F with the A/C on is 263 miles range. Though slowing down to 65 increases the range to 285, I would prefer to have the buffer of the extra 10 KWh. Of course we could stop for a short charge at one of the other two SCs in between, but I would like to make the trip in as few stops as possible.

There will always be improvements in future models and our vehicles will get outdated. Since there are no model years at Tesla, it can happen at any time. I took delivery of my P85+ on 9/30/14. Promptly outdated with the P85D release two weeks later. I can live without, and actually prefer not having the front motor. The lucky part is mine was manufactured the first week they began installing AP hardware. That is a much bigger priority to me. I also really enjoy the rear drive with performance suspension and staggered tires. A very fun car to drive! Who knows what rare Tesla's will emerge with the various new offerings.

Reactions: Mark Z