Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 7/27 got confirmation on 7/29 then a call on 8/8 that my car is ready for delivery. never got a VIN until i got the car.

quick update on my car. talked to tesla delivery yesterday and told them that if they couldn't schedule me earlier for service then i would return the car today since i was still with in the 7 day return period, but was quickly called this morning to bring my car in so they could fix it. brought it in at 11am and was told by 3pm everything will be fixed so they called me an uber so i can go where ever, 3pm came and was told every thing else got fixed except for the autopilot and to give them another 1-2hrs. 5pm got a call that they still couldn't fix autopilot and some how my car was rejecting all the updates they are doing. so they gave me a loaner Model S which was nice and told me they will give me an update tomorrow morning. hopefully they could fix it by then, i'm just glad the person helping me was very nice and gave me updates every hour on what is happening on my car.

I hope they can get everything resolved to your satisfaction.

Heres's my issues with my recent delivery:
Tesla Model X 2019 Inspection

Wow that is a lot of paint issues. I will admit, i did not go over mine probably as thoroughly as others. I did ask my detailers if they found anything as they were installing the PPF, and they only found a couple minor dust spots, where something got under the paint when it was sprayed.

I do have the rear window corner's popping out a bit at the trailing edge of each side, but It was not enough for me to worry about it.

The only cosmetic issue I could find was inside with one of the pillar support covers having the material pulled away. They replaced it with a mobile service call. They also adjusted the wiper as it was going way off the driver's side. And he also adjusted the driver's window so it would not bind and squeak about half way closed. Now it closes fine.

As many issues as people post here, I don't know if I am lucky or if we just hear more about the issues, than the lack thereof.

Wow that is a lot of paint issues. I will admit, i did not go over mine probably as thoroughly as others. I did ask my detailers if they found anything as they were installing the PPF, and they only found a couple minor dust spots, where something got under the paint when it was sprayed.

I do have the rear window corner's popping out a bit at the trailing edge of each side, but It was not enough for me to worry about it.

The only cosmetic issue I could find was inside with one of the pillar support covers having the material pulled away. They replaced it with a mobile service call. They also adjusted the wiper as it was going way off the driver's side. And he also adjusted the driver's window so it would not bind and squeak about half way closed. Now it closes fine.

As many issues as people post here, I don't know if I am lucky or if we just hear more about the issues, than the lack thereof.

When your PPF was applied did they buff it down so it was smooth? I may just do that with my hood first before sending it in for PPF

I just ordered the Tesland illuminated door sills for the front doors only. They are about $100 USD more but I’m ok given I can get it sooner. I’ll install in the next several weeks once it arrives and post pictures.
Got my new toy. Plan to install it in the next few weeks.
160BFB44-E134-40CD-B251-BC765537C658.jpeg

Heres's my issues with my recent delivery:
Tesla Model X 2019 Inspection
They said the chrome sticks out and not something they can fix. Rubber sticking out - same thing. I have now seen a few dust particles trapped in my red paint. Another reminder Tesla has room to improve. But I’m not letting it bug me. It’s only noticeable if I’m looking for it. Sort of like inclusions in a diamond.

They said the chrome sticks out and not something they can fix. Rubber sticking out - same thing. I have now seen a few dust particles trapped in my red paint. Another reminder Tesla has room to improve. But I’m not letting it bug me. It’s only noticeable if I’m looking for it. Sort of like inclusions in a diamond.

My rep at delivery said they needed to fix it. They have to take the whole chrome piece off and redo it. I think once those are done by service center it’s likely to have a better outcome because they are focused on that part. It’s just a matter of how they apply that rubber glue and it’s thickness.

Guys i've decided to act on the return policy with in 7 days. Theres just too many issues to be concerned about. I'm going to request for a new model X

Per your request, I have listed the items for rectification below:
  • BELT MOLDING, RH, FR Loose / Not Seated Properly
  • Bright Molding, RH, Falcon Door COSMETIC ISSUE / DAMAGE
  • Bright Molding, LH, Falcon Door COSMETIC ISSUE / DAMAGE
  • Bright Molding, RH, Falcon Door COSMETIC ISSUE / DAMAGE
  • BELT MOLDING, RH, FR COSMETIC ISSUE / DAMAGE
  • Belt Molding, LH, FR COSMETIC ISSUE / DAMAGE
  • QUARTER GLASS BRIGHT ASY, LH Loose / Not Seated Properly
  • A-PILLAR UPPER TRIM, LH COSMETIC ISSUE / DAMAGE
  • Liftgate Paint / Overspray
  • TIRE, LH, RR COSMETIC ISSUE / DAMAGE
  • Liftgate Paint / Pinhole/Solvent Pop
  • Front left door has dent right below door handle
  • Front left portion of front fascia is misaligned at the point where it connects to the fender.
Please let us know if we missed anything, thank you for your time and patience in advance.

• Informative
Reactions: Mattzilla
Guys i've decided to act on the return policy with in 7 days. Theres just too many issues to be concerned about. I'm going to request for a new model X

You don't just request a new Model X. You return your existing one and they refund you your money. You can place a new order whenever you can pay for another one. (It can take up to two months to get your money back.)

No, but I have seen plenty of reports here on TMC of people that have. You can just request a new Model X if you do it before you take delivery. Once you take delivery it is much more painful.

Well if thats the case, then I guess I'll be forced to keep the car until the repairs are satisfactory. I know the service center is pretty bad about reviewing the repairs before notifying the customers, its just really bad and i'm prepping myself for a really bad experience. Not because i've read or heard it, but because I already experience it with my S and 3. Elon Musk really needs to do something about this.

Wow so sad to see these type of QA issues. I do agree on previous posts that when you receive a great car you won’t see those posts but when it’s bad it’s bad and you’ll see all sorts of posts. Just check BMW, Acura, Mercedes, they too suffer issues. This is no excuse though for what you are experiencing and I too would want to return it.

I received both a new Performance Raven Model X and my son took delivery within two weeks of ours, a Long Range Model 3. Zero defects on the Model 3 and on mine I had a scratch on the plastic trim above the license plate that was done when they were polishing the vehicle which was quickly fixed with a service visit. Also a cosmetic issue on one of the rear seat (six seater) where they will be replacing the seat. But beyond that my Raven X is awesome! I had it wrapped and ceramic coated. Just love the ride and performance of it. Fit and finish is great.

I do agree that you will be waiting on Tesla to reimburse you since I’m still waiting on a reimbursement check since I overpaid them. Took delivery on the 29th of May.

856307B9-2D33-410D-AFF6-AE9EFA18D6AB.jpeg
80343E14-09F6-4CD1-B358-4C803F03786C.jpeg
6D497AED-EE19-4898-A987-F1C9E98BD9EA.jpeg
10F42525-BBDD-4E4E-9278-1433802DAFA9.jpeg

I even got to experience Tesla’s excellent Mobile service where they came to me. Not very many companies do that. Plus, on my last service center visit they gave me a loaner while I waited for them to replace the plastic trim.

The only problem after now owning a Tesla is that I now want to replace my other ICE car. Looking at Model S next. Can’t see getting anything but electric.

9007F8B4-D143-4937-AD0C-D56CA81681C9.jpeg

Reactions: DriverOne